Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we referring to Klopp as Dierdre Barlow now? If so I am very much behind this. I think Benteke is probably the best of the bunch we have been linked with, in a good side I think he could get 20+ goals, I guess as Palace paid somewhere between £27m and £32m (depending on who is reporting) they will be looking for between £45m and £50m for him, which is high, but I think we might need to pay it

I guess we will be looking for the wide players to provide the pace; Baines, Coleman, Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon and DCL. I think some of the other players in the middle are not exactly slow, Gana, Davies, Schneiderlin, etc, even if their primary function is not attacking, I think we saw last season, many teams come to Goodison and park the bus and try and take a point and these 3 got further forward to help out the attacking players and chipped in with goals and assists

Do you not think he looks like the former Corrie temptress? Big teeth, big hair, big glasses.

I see Steve Walsh has gone to with the team to Tanzania. So things will be very quiet for next few days anyway . Maybe we are coming into a period whereby we will have to be patient with the club . Also goes to show how important it was to get the players we have gotten in so early with the Europa just around the corner

I suspect it'll be full throttle again as soon as we're back in England. Nice little trip abroad with the squad to rest and prepare for the next onslaught on the market.

So you dint rate Coleman basically anyway.

You also think after he broke his leg his timetable for recovery should have been set at about 14 months for recovery, for an injury that takes hugely less time...

You also don't think Kenny is any good and think all youth players should be regarded as expected to fail.

No offence meant but are you actually an evertonian mate or just a really weird one?
To be honest mate, I have my doubts about coleman's recovery time. The reason for this....and I'm no doctor is getting martina in. The good news is coleman hasnt suffered any complications (he said so himself). However it would be foolish to think that is always going to be the case. You only have to look at Oviedo and shaw, it took them a while to return to their pre-injury form, upon their return. Others would say they still haven't recaptured their original form.
Saying that the medical staff and people that know Coleman, talk about how strong he is mentally, to overcome such a terrible injury. Let's hope he does as he is my favourite player and should be it's captain imo.

I see Steve Walsh has gone to with the team to Tanzania. So things will be very quiet for next few days anyway . Maybe we are coming into a period whereby we will have to be patient with the club . Also goes to show how important it was to get the players we have gotten in so early with the Europa just around the corner
We have been linked with that Ajax left back. I guess that's all it is, as you would think Walsh would have remained behind if we are seriously interested in the lad. Palace are now the favourites in the media.

I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying and I'd like Kenny to get a chance. But under 23 football to the premier league is a massive jump for a lad so young. I think Kenny could go out on loan to a championship club this season, if martina arrives as seems likely, Kenny won't sniff the first team. A year under his belt in the championship, would allow him to return next year and be back up to Coleman.

Listen if Martina is starting PL games for us until Coleman is back you can already write the season off. Not gonna happen

Everyone has written off martina and I must admit, someone who doesn't get in southamptons first team, doesn't inspire confidence. However koeman (who wasn't a bad defender himself) obviously seems something in the lad, that can benefit us till Coleman comes back. Let's give him a chance first.
I'm all for Martina coming in to do a job, Coleman in time is expected to full recover so if all goes to plan he's our number one RB, I don't want to see us spending 10/20 million on a RB when a player like Martina can do a job untill Coleman is back. Also you have to have some low key players to make up a decent squad they can't all be 30 million pound players.

I dont want King.

I havent scouted him and his digits last season are very impressive, but his digits for the rest of his career make me cry.

If we show further interest I will scout him, but till then, SWERVE.

The lad is a top prospect watched him a lot last season, can play inside forward and through the centre, big unit, with pace and technique, good finisher.

He's the type of very clever young signing Spurs would make, be a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back