Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..the fact that Kenny or Connolly have not been given squad numbers could be telling. Managers will often play their recruits ahead of others I'm afraid, especially if they are on much bigger salaries. I might be wrong but I expect Martina will be at RB for the start of the Premier League season.

Hope not mate. He's not up to mustard

..the fact that Kenny or Connolly have not been given squad numbers could be telling. Managers will often play their recruits ahead of others I'm afraid, especially if they are on much bigger salaries. I might be wrong but I expect Martina will be at RB for the start of the Premier League season.

If Martina is starting games, then im sorry but it means the 2 other lads mentioned arent really cutting it.

We may be playing 60 plus games next season. Its gonna be so wierd having a squad full of quality rather than 14/15 quality players. Quality in reserve will hopefully mean europa league wont damage our chances of top 4. Rotate and keep them fresh without dropping standards, never thought id see the day.......
Was it the CL season we went in with a bare 16 that included any depth we owned?

If Martina is starting games, then im sorry but it means the 2 other lads mentioned arent really cutting it.

Or the manager trusts a player he knows rather than a academy lad. That's the concern mate.

As I said before the unveiling will say a lot if he gets the full vid social media fandabbydozy effort or just the stock pic and smile ones.

Christian Benteke scored an average of 1 goal every 2 matches at Villa and his goalscoring record at Crystal Palace has been similarly impressive. Yes, he only bagged 10 when he was at the RS but that's because Deirdre Barlow hardly ever played him.

Very few strikers who were born in the 1990s have already scored over 60 goals in the Premier League and a dozen goals for their country. Christian Benteke has.

Benteke is also much better in the air than Lukaku.

If we can get him for half of what Man Utd paid for Lukaku, I say go for it.

Christian Benteke scored an average of 1 goal every 2 matches at Villa and his goalscoring record at Crystal Palace has been similarly impressive. Yes, he only bagged 10 when he was at the RS but that's because Deirdre Barlow hardly ever played him.

Very few strikers who were born in the 1990s have already scored over 60 goals in the Premier League and a dozen goals for their country. Christian Benteke has.

Benteke is also much better in the air than Lukaku.

If we can get him for half of what Man Utd paid for Lukaku, I say go for it.

Thanks George, thanks for suggesting we spend 50m on Benteke, its made my night.

The funny thing is, he would prolly cost more than 50m.

lollollol

..I wonder whether blokes in his situation lose their hunger to play after being on big bucks for 18 months or so doing nothing. Lots will depend on character.
Well he failed spectacularly at Stoke last season I even think he got dropped from the squad (maybe a bust up with Hughes?) after returning from cup of nations, maybe wrong on that but he didn't score many if at all. I'd say he lost his hunger or belief it must be a kick in the ego to get a big money move then get told nope new manager doesn't want you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back