Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

But contrary to popular belief, footballers (and particularly their agents) aren't stupid. They will be well aware that Coleman will be straight back into the team as soon as they have a bad game... So they'd be gambling on Coleman's being a career-limiting injury, which I'm guessing isn't something any quality player would want to be betting on.
It doesn't have to be a top-drawer player; just someone who isn't objectively poor.

Tottenham were able to get Trippier in to back up Walker, for example.

@bluestevon @GeorgeK @Barnfred 55 @rochdaleblue

just on Cuco...

1 -- The boy isn't premier league quality. He will never be premier league quality and so has no business being in our squad.

2 -- Prior to the summer window we had 5 players (Holgate, Pennington, Kenny, Browning, Connolly) able to play at right back. Each of whom would have been content (or even happy) to be rotation options.

3 -- If we didn't play Kenny at the end of last season was it due to the same reasons as Lookman (fresh for the WC)? Kenny was player of the tournament with Lookman for me...if he played for Madrid he's be 20mil rated.

4 -- If we intend on starting Kenny this season then where will Holgate play? If he is 'cover' CB then surely he can cover RB to far better ability than Cuco? Same goes for Kenny if Holgate is the one who starts.

5 -- If we loan out Kenny and start with Holgate we had better hope Holgate doesn't miss any games as Cuco would be targeted mercilessly,

So many questions...but in conclusion, the worry is that Cuco is hopeless and has a contract + we have 5 better players at right back than him who would be happy being rotated in/out.

How does he get a contract?

The answer cant be experience -- he's awful.

I said when we signed Stekelenburg how bad he was and got massively shot down at the time lo

Feels worrying.

just on Cuco...

1 -- The boy isn't premier league quality. He will never be premier league quality and so has no business being in our squad.

2 -- Prior to the summer window we had 5 players (Holgate, Pennington, Kenny, Browning, Connolly) able to play at right back. Each of whom would have been content (or even happy) to be rotation options.

3 -- If we didn't play Kenny at the end of last season was it due to the same reasons as Lookman (fresh for the WC)? Kenny was player of the tournament with Lookman for me...if he played for Madrid he's be 20mil rated.

4 -- If we intend on starting Kenny this season then where will Holgate play? If he is 'cover' CB then surely he can cover RB to far better ability than Cuco? Same goes for Kenny if Holgate is the one who starts.

5 -- If we loan out Kenny and start with Holgate we had better hope Holgate doesn't miss any games as Cuco would be targeted mercilessly,

So many questions...but in conclusion, the worry is that Cuco is hopeless and has a contract + we have 5 better players at right back than him who would be happy being rotated in/out.

I said when we signed Stekelenburg how bad he was and got massively shot down at the time lo

Feels worrying.

Worried about a free transfer to compete for RB cover...weird.

just on Cuco...

Feels worrying.

But Stek wasnt bad, he just wasnt good enough and when it was clear he wasnt good enough he was dropped and Robles given a chance, sadly neither were good enough, Stek wasnt signed as number 1, he was signed as back up, but due to us not being able to get a keeper in we sadly had to give it a whirl.

Im gonna say this so you understand, Holgate is really bad at RB, like really bad, Browning has gone on loan, Pennington, well I will be kind and suggest hes a CB, which leaves 2 very young lads in Kenny and Connolly, who will both be given most of the next few games to show they have what it takes.

Cuco is a utility player, happy to sit and be called upon when needed, I keep saying the same thing, if Kenny is as good and Martina as bad as everyone says, he will be sat on the bench for the duration of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back