Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Stek wasnt bad, he just wasnt good enough and when it was clear he wasnt good enough he was dropped and Robles given a chance, sadly neither were good enough, Stek wasnt signed as number 1, he was signed as back up, but due to us not being able to get a keeper in we sadly had to give it a whirl.

Im gonna say this so you understand, Holgate is really bad at RB, like really bad, Browning has gone on loan, Pennington, well I will be kind and suggest hes a CB, which leaves 2 very young lads in Kenny and Connolly, who will both be given most of the next few games to show they have what it takes.

Cuco is a utility player, happy to sit and be called upon when needed, I keep saying the same thing, if Kenny is as good and Martina as bad as everyone says, he will be sat on the bench for the duration of his contract.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Not that I'm proud of it like.

Wait, what? Tadic - is this a legitimate rumour? Have not previously heard this.
I'd take Tadic over Sigurdsson period.

Tadic has been linked with the vermin and currently West Ham.

No links to us of yet, I think the chap above was expressing an interest.

He DEFO will not be signing for us.

Dusan Tadic pondering move away from Southampton due to Ronald Koeman's abrasive management style
  • Southampton winger Dusan Tadic is considering his future at St Mary's after complaining of heavy-handed treatment from manager Ronald Koeman
  • The Serbian was withdrawn against Liverpool two weeks ago after being asked to play on the right-hand side instead of his customary left
  • Koeman's demanding style has caused friction with a number of players
  • James Ward-Prowse and Sadio Mane are among others who feel their confidence has been dented by Koeman's abrupt manner
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-abrasive-management-style.html#ixzz4mgKyYv00

.....a summary round-up of Thursday morning's rumours;

- According to Clubcall website, Everton are one of a number of teams considering a move for Manchester City outcast, Wilfred Bony. The Toffee's could pick him up for a fraction of the £28m City paid.

- Graeme Bailey from the 'Gambling Times' reports Everton and Southampton are about to rival Crystal Palace for the signature of Ajax left back, Jairo Reidewald. This is despite Sky Sports suggesting Palace are about to tie up an £8m deal for the defender.

- The Daily Mirror reports Swansea boss, Paul Clement, admits that it will be very difficult for the club to keep hold of Gylfi Sigurdsson despite the hefty price tag imposed on the player.

- Belgian news outlet, Sporza, have interviewed Everton's Henry Onyekuru and the player has admitted his boyhood dream was to play for Arsenal. Ex-Nigeria player, Peter Odemwengie and his family advised him to choose Everton over the Gunners.

- 4th Official says new Middlesborough manager, Garry Monk, is very keen on young Everton defender Matthew Pennington. The same outlet also suggest Leeds United are interested in the player.

- FootballLondon reckon Everton are firm favourites to sign Olivier Giroud now that the Frenchman has indicated he might have to leave Arsenal. The Daily Mirror say Borrusia Dortmund want the player.

- The Northern Echo report Sunderland are closing in on a deal for Everton's Aiden McGeady along with former Toffee's striker, James Vaughan.

- Tottenham Hotspur Blog News say they have heard Ross Barkley has been left out of Everton's pre-season tour because he's joining Spurs in a £40m move.

- Mad About EPL website again link Everton with a move for AS Roma forward, Edin Dzeko.

- Leicester manager, Craig Shakespeare, has promised winger Demarai Gray that he will get more game time this season amid interest from Everton and Spurs.

But Stek wasnt bad, he just wasnt good enough and when it was clear he wasnt good enough he was dropped and Robles given a chance, sadly neither were good enough, Stek wasnt signed as number 1, he was signed as back up, but due to us not being able to get a keeper in we sadly had to give it a whirl.

Im gonna say this so you understand, Holgate is really bad at RB, like really bad, Browning has gone on loan, Pennington, well I will be kind and suggest hes a CB, which leaves 2 very young lads in Kenny and Connolly, who will both be given most of the next few games to show they have what it takes.

Cuco is a utility player, happy to sit and be called upon when needed, I keep saying the same thing, if Kenny is as good and Martina as bad as everyone says, he will be sat on the bench for the duration of his contract.

I shall repeat myself so you understand.

Maarten Stekelenburg was highly rated at Ajax. He joined Roma and was below average before moving to Fulham where he was the same and then onto Southampton where he was worse.

He was signed by Ronald Koeman as a 2nd / 3rd choice 'it appears' but walked straight into the side despite being not good enough. he was and still is a totally pointless signing.

We had 5 players who could have played RB. I included Pennington as he's played there in the past, also Browning because he was at the club at the beginning of the window.

The more likely players to play RB would be Kenny and Holgate. No matter how badly you personally rate Holgate he's infinitely superior to Cuco who is probably more suited to Wigan than Connolly would be.

It is folly to suggest we are going to have Kenny, Holgate and Cuco (others on loan) as 3 RB options in the squad.

So, why bring in someone whose 6th best for us on a good day and what does that mean for Holgate/Kenny as one of them will be benched anyway.

.....a summary round-up of Thursday morning's rumours;

- According to Clubcall website, Everton are one of a number of teams considering a move for Manchester City outcast, Wilfred Bony. The Toffee's could pick him up for a fraction of the £28m City paid.

- Graeme Bailey from the 'Gambling Times' reports Everton and Southampton are about to rival Crystal Palace for the signature of Ajax left back, Jairo Reidewald. This is despite Sky Sports suggesting Palace are about to tie up an £8m deal for the defender.

- The Daily Mirror reports Swansea boss, Paul Clement, admits that it will be very difficult for the club to keep hold of Gylfi Sigurdsson despite the hefty price tag imposed on the player.

- Belgian news outlet, Sporza, have interviewed Everton's Henry Onyekuru and the player has admitted his boyhood dream was to play for Arsenal. Ex-Nigeria player, Peter Odemwengie and his family advised him to choose Everton over the Gunners.

- 4th Official says new Middlesborough manager, Garry Monk, is very keen on young Everton defender Matthew Pennington. The same outlet also suggest Leeds United are interested in the player.

- FootballLondon reckon Everton are firm favourites to sign Olivier Giroud now that the Frenchman has indicated he might have to leave Arsenal. The Daily Mirror say Borrusia Dortmund want the player.

- The Northern Echo report Sunderland are closing in on a deal for Everton's Aiden McGeady along with former Toffee's striker, James Vaughan.

- Tottenham Hotspur Blog News say they have heard Ross Barkley has been left out of Everton's pre-season tour because he's joining Spurs in a £40m move.

- Mad About EPL website again link Everton with a move for AS Roma forward, Edin Dzeko.

- Leicester manager, Craig Shakespeare, has promised winger Demarai Gray that he will get more game time this season amid interest from Everton and Spurs.
dinkums, you are orse.

This Jairo.R fella is nifty. Should be all over him at $8m.

dinkums, you are orse.

This Jairo.R fella is nifty. Should be all over him at $8m.

I was on about him in the past as a CB.

Problem is that he's like Galloway / Holgate...still not big enough it seems to be in the centre and not quite a full back.

If we played 3 at the back then he'd be a good signing at LCB with Galloway and then Holgate RCB but we will play 4 i think.

I think we should aim for more of a traditional LB to push Baines out...

I was on about him in the past as a CB.

Problem is that he's like Galloway / Holgate...still not big enough it seems to be in the centre and not quite a full back.

If we played 3 at the back then he'd be a good signing at LCB with Galloway and then Holgate RCB but we will play 4 i think.

I think we should aim for more of a traditional LB to push Baines out...

Galloway isn't here.

@bluestevon @GeorgeK @Barnfred 55 @rochdaleblue

just on Cuco...

1 -- The boy isn't premier league quality. He will never be premier league quality and so has no business being in our squad.

2 -- Prior to the summer window we had 5 players (Holgate, Pennington, Kenny, Browning, Connolly) able to play at right back. Each of whom would have been content (or even happy) to be rotation options.

3 -- If we didn't play Kenny at the end of last season was it due to the same reasons as Lookman (fresh for the WC)? Kenny was player of the tournament with Lookman for me...if he played for Madrid he's be 20mil rated.

4 -- If we intend on starting Kenny this season then where will Holgate play? If he is 'cover' CB then surely he can cover RB to far better ability than Cuco? Same goes for Kenny if Holgate is the one who starts.

5 -- If we loan out Kenny and start with Holgate we had better hope Holgate doesn't miss any games as Cuco would be targeted mercilessly,

So many questions...but in conclusion, the worry is that Cuco is hopeless and has a contract + we have 5 better players at right back than him who would be happy being rotated in/out.

How does he get a contract?

The answer cant be experience -- he's awful.

I said when we signed Stekelenburg how bad he was and got massively shot down at the time lo

Feels worrying.

Wow, just wow

@bluestevon @GeorgeK @Barnfred 55 @rochdaleblue

just on Cuco...

1 -- The boy isn't premier league quality. He will never be premier league quality and so has no business being in our squad.

2 -- Prior to the summer window we had 5 players (Holgate, Pennington, Kenny, Browning, Connolly) able to play at right back. Each of whom would have been content (or even happy) to be rotation options.

Feels worrying.

Well, why stop there, Jags has played RB, so has McCarthy, sure Barry could "do a job" there... that's 8 now...
Cuco is signing as predominantly RB cover on a free. If he's completely useless Koeman wouldn't entertain the signing. If he doesn't perform when called on he'll be dropped. (Can't honestly believe he'd be as bad as say Martinez signing Alcaraz... hopefully)

Yeh you just made it sound like him and Riedewald would be good for the LCB position in a 3. Just checking you knew he was at Sunderland.

i see ok....no, more that Holgate and Galloway are on the books and he would be like a 3rd similar player...in that he's not a CB and not a traditional full back.

Makes sense to sign him and even another RCB like Holgate if were going with 3 at the back but not as a LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back