Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, why stop there, Jags has played RB, so has McCarthy, sure Barry could "do a job" there... that's 8 now...
Cuco is signing as predominantly RB cover on a free. If he's completely useless Koeman wouldn't entertain the signing. If he doesn't perform when called on he'll be dropped. (Can't honestly believe he'd be as bad as say Martinez signing Alcaraz... hopefully)

You're naming players who aren't right backs. I'm naming players who are (or have recently played there).

Cuco Martinez is not a superior player to Kenny, Holgate or Connolly. Not in a million years. I haven't seen them for ages but Browning and Pennington if they are championship level they would both be better than him too.

Whose the boy covering for? he steps onto the pitch and its a weakness....

If he's first choice and Kenny 2nd then we have a problem....if hes backup to Kenny then why bother bringing him in when we have Holgate? Is he going to push Holgate off the bench? makes no sense.

You're naming players who aren't right backs. I'm naming players who are (or have recently played there).

Cuco Martinez is not a superior player to Kenny, Holgate or Connolly. Not in a million years. I haven't seen them for ages but Browning and Pennington if they are championship level they would both be better than him too.

If he's first choice and Kenny 2nd then we have a problem....if hes backup to Kenny then why bother bringing him in when we have Holgate? Is he going to push Holgate off the bench? makes no sense.
Got to say this makes sense to me. Only thing Cuco brings is experience.

Martina is experienced and we need to stop thinking every young player on our books is going to be the next big thing.

Kenny will get plenty of chances this coming season whilst Coleman is injured.

However, providing we do well... we could be playing 3 games a week and relying on two young lads? It's just not fair on them and could be targeted as the weak link in the squad.

Don't know if its been said before but whilst I'm happy with our transfer window so far I do hope it doesn't stop our youth from being given a chance. My only fear.

Because you don't head into a 50+ game season with two 20-year-olds as your right-back options Zat.

I don't stick anyone on ignore if just confuses me in threads.
I used to be the same mate. That plus I'm a firm beiever in everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But the last few weeks some (old and new) have started to get to me flr some reason. It's good for my head (and my mood the missus says) plus its quite invigorating pressing the button when some obvious WUM or kopite js dishisg out utter tosh. Does make the pages a lot shorter though

You must of missed last season.
He never found his footing at Stoke. He didnt score a lot of goals when he joined the Swans either, he needed time to find his form. He never got enough game time at Stoke or City for him to do that. Worth a shot if our top targets falls through, but it depends a lot on the price OFC.

Every manager has these players. Players you just don't see what they see in.

Koeman has Stekelenburg and Martina. It could be worse. Two free transfer squad cover players. Some managers have massive fee, play every game favourites.

Think the big issue for me with Martina is not the fee, just he could impact on kennys development.

Having said that if he's good enough pre season he will get his chance, and if he holds down the spot, Koeman will not feel compelled to play Martina as he's a free signing, presumably on a short contract.

Think everyone needs to chill.

Looks like giroud and sigurdsson are well in the pipeline.

My bigger interest is are we gonna get a player completely out of left field?

Everything so far had been quite telegraphed.

Zat its great you (as always) championing the youth .
But before you carry on about Kenny take a watch of the u20 world cup final. Although he did some creditable things in the game Penaranda was far too strong for him plus their overlapping full back brushed him aside with ease when they were attacking.
He is undoubtedly a talent but he would be singled out in the Prem and could ultimately ruin him.
Far to soon to push the kid now ,let him develop more or loan him to a Championship club.
Martina is a safe option until Seamus is back.

Every manager has these players. Players you just don't see what they see in.

Koeman has Stekelenburg and Martina. It could be worse. Two free transfer squad cover players. Some managers have massive fee, play every game favourites.
Martinez had alacaraz and mcgeady (free and 2m) and people still bring them up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back