Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how people are convinced by Kenny based on 2 appearances and a u20 tournament. Give him a chance but let's not bet the house on it eh?

Probably because some of us have watched him more than twice & the tournament? Just a thought.
Problem is those aren't first team games. Or probably even close. Niasse scored what 7 in 7 for the u21s? Those aren't reliable. I want the lad to prove himself but realistically he might not

But we will waste it on wages for a no talent no mark for a minimum of 2 years (more likely 3). Tame.
He's nowhere near as bad as any of you make out.

And he will be very cheap in terms of wages. Far far cheaper than buying a right back. Which btw if we did spend real money on a right back now would actually spell the end for the young lads, whereas backup will not.

He's nowhere near as bad as any of you make out.

And he will be very cheap in terms of wages. Far far cheaper than buying a right back. Which btw if we did spend real money on a right back now would actually spell the end for the young lads, whereas backup will not.
I hope you're right. I've only seen him play a handful of times but what I have seen ranges from average to Niasse.

But Stek wasnt bad, he just wasnt good enough and when it was clear he wasnt good enough he was dropped and Robles given a chance, sadly neither were good enough, Stek wasnt signed as number 1, he was signed as back up, but due to us not being able to get a keeper in we sadly had to give it a whirl.

Im gonna say this so you understand, Holgate is really bad at RB, like really bad, Browning has gone on loan, Pennington, well I will be kind and suggest hes a CB, which leaves 2 very young lads in Kenny and Connolly, who will both be given most of the next few games to show they have what it takes.

Cuco is a utility player, happy to sit and be called upon when needed, I keep saying the same thing, if Kenny is as good and Martina as bad as everyone says, he will be sat on the bench for the duration of his contract.
Cant agree with your assessment of Holgate MG. Agree he is a CB not a FB. But he isn't a bad FB and he certainly isnt a very bad FB, especially one that you have to repeat twice for greater effect.

We're spoilt by having had one of the best attacking RBs around and a lot of our forward play has been built round him. Holgate doesnt give us that threat and his delivery from good attacking positions is poor. But that doesnt make him very bad.

Also agree with Zat re Cuco in that I dont think we need him. Not seen that much lf him tbf and not getting much game time as back up to a decent player doest mean he's automatically crap either. Not going to lose sleep over a free transfer on nothing wages though.

I hope you're right. I've only seen him play a handful of times but what I have seen ranges from average to Niasse.
I like this bit, made me laugh

He is average. He won't set the world alight, but will just do a job. Which is pretty much exactly what he would be brought here to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back