Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never found his footing at Stoke. He didnt score a lot of goals when he joined the Swans either, he needed time to find his form. He never got enough game time at Stoke or City for him to do that. Worth a shot if our top targets falls through, but it depends a lot on the price OFC.
Got binned off for a bad attitude at stoke mate. Late back from cup of nations having scored 2 in over ten games first half of the season and they both came in the same game. Sorry mate he's a swerve for me.

that's what im trying to say, so there is no "tricking the FA so we can buy more players" as it doesn't have any impact whatsoever, that was what the original post was saying

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I merely said to save space what's the point in registering a youth player and giving him a first team shirt number?

No we have a very good one currently injured with a brand new shiny contract.

We will not waste money knowing that.
To be fair the contract is neither here nor there the Irish Fa are still paying his original terms don't forget! We may be paying the difference if he got a rise not just an extension. He's free until medically fit so we don't have to worry about paying out wages.

Not arsed about Martina on a free, it is very lazy given they've had another year to look for prospective right backs, but he's safe and free.

I'd actually take a punt on Bony you know, there's a player in there.

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I merely said to save space what's the point in registering a youth player and giving him a first team shirt number?

I may be wording myself terribly here, and not meaning to come across confrontational,

but registering them or not wouldn't 'save space' as they don't have to be registered anyway

or do you just mean "why give him a good number when we could give a new signing a good number"?

if so then yeah fair enough

Sigurdsson on his way! 40m is about right. When we look at it, got Lukaku +5m we will get Rooney, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford. Not bad work at all.

True.

But he's on a free, the manager clearly trusts him to be able to do a job and from that perspective he's a no-risk deal.

It's also not going to hinder the progress of Kenny as much if we'd have gone out and spent £10m on a full-back (which is what a decent one costs) - who then is conversely not going to want to sit on the bench all of the time when Coleman comes back.

Can you not see how this deal makes perfect sense?
I can see it's cheap. What I can't conflate is the narrative that we are now serious players in the premier league with being happy with Martina being a likely first team player for several months (I suspect you will argue he won't be, but I will bet you he plays more games than anyone else at RB until Coleman returns). I don't see Pochettino, for example, doing deals akin to this one. Spurs, frankly, should be who we are seeking to emulate in terms of their recent progress.

I may be wording myself terribly here, and not meaning to come across confrontational,

but registering them or not wouldn't 'save space' as they don't have to be registered anyway

or do you just mean "why give him a good number when we could give a new signing a good number"?

if so then yeah fair enough

No no. I can't actually think of the original point either was making. I just read a few on here whinging he wasn't on the squad numbers list and thought he wasn't going to be given a chance or sent on loan. So I was explaining the likely reason why he hadn't.

Not arsed about Martina on a free, it is very lazy given they've had another year to look for prospective right backs, but he's safe and free.

I'd actually take a punt on Bony you know, there's a player in there.

What if Kenny is seen as the natural successor to Coleman and Martina is a cost effective also familiar to Koeman as cover to give time for Kenny to adjust and Coleman to get back fit.

No no. I can't actually think of the original point either was making. I just read a few on here whinging he wasn't on the squad numbers list and thought he wasn't going to be given a chance or sent on loan. So I was explaining the likely reason why he hadn't.

yeah mate, I think we got caught up a bit there hahaha, lets move on anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back