Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot rely on two young lads all season.

That's why Martina would be BACKUP.

Never said he's better than the youth, just that it would be unfair on them to expect Kenny to play every game and keep up form.

Personally I don't mind Holgate at RB as he does a job defensively. Others think differently.
Feel the same way. Lack of wide players is a problem though if you have no wide threat from your backs. It's a concern, no question.

Agreed on finding a LB and if we can get one better than baines I'm all for it.. but baines (like Coleman) is one of the best in the league.. but he's not injured so I think we should be looking for a RB before a LB IMO... I also think we need a partner for Keane...

We have right backs and only 1 left back other than connolly

We cannot rely on two young lads all season.

That's why Martina would be BACKUP.

Never said he's better than the youth, just that it would be unfair on them to expect Kenny to play every game and keep up form.

Personally I don't mind Holgate at RB as he does a job defensively. Others think differently.

We'd be banking on them till Jan (Colemans fit and or transfer window).

I mean, i keep harping on the same thing but if we play a back 4 it would be Kenny next to Keane. Holgate on the bench.

Surely then its best instead to rotate Holgate (so he has games) in at RB rather than martina...and if so then why sign him?

Problem is that Kenny is literally a League One RB at this point. It is the highest level he played. He will get the same treatment. Can he handle it? I guess we will find out in these friendlies. Holgate I trust defensively but his crossing is a major issue considering we are looking to our fullbacks for width

We will need to wait and see...but if neither Kenny or Holgate are considered to be up to snuff were then still stuck with Martina.

I mean, i keep harping on the same thing but if we play a back 4 it would be Kenny next to Keane. Holgate on the bench.

Surely then its best instead to rotate Holgate (so he has games) in at RB rather than martina...and if so then why sign him?

We will need to wait and see...but if neither Kenny or Holgate are considered to be up to snuff were then still stuck with Martina.
I completely understand Zat, but I think it's better to have cover in case of more injuries.

Think coleman will take a little while to get back up to speed also!

Stuck with Martina isn't the worst thing. Koeman had them in 6th with Martina playing 12 or so games

Stuck with Martina isn't the worst thing. Koeman had them in 6th with Martina playing 12 or so games

He was involved in 4 league losses.

United who scored with all 3 shots on target.
West Ham scored the winner after he'd been taken off.
Norwich scored the winner after Southampton went dow to ten men with their only shot on target.
And Palace beat them too.

He's clearly not as bad as Zat thinks. Zat doesn't even think he's that bad. He's just trying to pretend he has a strong opinion becuase...well who knows? But yeah, considering it's a free it's not a bad bit of business at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back