Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing that bothers me is that some people here want to get a top 4 finish, but not breaking the bank. i don't think anyone advocates for unnecessary spend (like, frequent massive overpayments), but if you keep trying to make "steals" for players, you can't complain when they turn into niasse (minus the overpayment). proven quality is always going to cost a premium, but i think you're less likely to make a blunder on the player you pick up.

and it takes two to tango, just because we want to spend $30M on siggy doesn't mean we're getting him (obviously)

It's gotten to the point where buying from other English clubs is too expensive. This is where Walsh needs to come into his own

It's gotten to the point where buying from other English clubs is too expensive. This is where Walsh needs to come into his own
Klassen , Sandro ,Henry, Donkor that new young CB and one or 2 others.
Walsh has proven himself.
Maybe he gave RK 2/3 alternatives to Siggy and RK wanted the tried and tested option that he knows will hit the ground running

just seen City have had a 50m bid accepted for Walker, and we let Rom go for 75.

did say numerous times we were being rinsed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back