Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
15622336.webp

Absolutely gutting to think of the career he could have had. Fair play, he still went further than a lot of talented kids, but he was on the cusp and had it taken away.

Followed him for a while after he left, he always scored a few then dissapeared. I'm sure a couple of years back he was championship top scorer for a while then dissapeared again. Hopefully he's managed to overcome that and can now have a good finish to his career. Always the type that would give 100% and would never bottle anything, probably cost him a lot of injuries being like that, but better than doing the opposite.

If Sigurdsson does sign then we are probably down to a centreforward at that stage.
I would like Benteke, but I doubt it will happen.

I have seen mention of a lack of pace in the side but we do have Lennon back and Lookman will play a bigger part this season , Sandro seems pacey and Bolasie will be back before Christmas hopefully.

If Lennon gets any game time then the transfer window hasn't done its job. Should be nowhere near the bench.
Hopefully we let him go and he goes and gets a lot of games somewhere else.

@orly some new emerging patterns of Weaselling

Celebrity Weaselling - see Elton Welsby tweets in transfer thread.

Vexatious Weaselling - Inventing false transfers get on the Index.

Weasel Index Linked Anxiety - Insomnia and linked, caused by worries about being on the Index.

We are watching them all.

Find a first choice LB to push Baines, and let the kids plus Cuco fight for RB for now.

Maybe pick up someone to challenge Coleman if the kids don't progress this season

Agreed on finding a LB and if we can get one better than baines I'm all for it.. but baines (like Coleman) is one of the best in the league.. but he's not injured so I think we should be looking for a RB before a LB IMO... I also think we need a partner for Keane...

Agreed on finding a LB and if we can get one better than baines I'm all for it.. but baines (like Coleman) is one of the best in the league.. but he's not injured so I think we should be looking for a RB before a LB IMO... I also think we need a partner for Keane...
Long term centre back to partner keane would be boss, but I think we will look for that next season. I imagine Jags time will be up by then maybe.

Baines is good but not as spectacular as he used to be. Our left hand side isn't particularly a threat anymore imo, he seems to have lost that naughty cross he used to do on the regular.

That said, perhaps a better, more understanding left sided partner for Baines would do wonders. Ala Pienaar.

If Lennon gets any game time then the transfer window hasn't done its job. Should be nowhere near the bench.
Hopefully we let him go and he goes and gets a lot of games somewhere else.
A delicate subject but with Lennon's recent medical troubles I can't see too many teams offering Lennon a contract.
He will be kept (and this is not a slight on Lennon ) on compassionate grounds.
It would give the wrong impression of the club if we were to let him go.
He starts today and I can see him getting game time in EL and league cup games

Long term centre back to partner keane would be boss, but I think we will look for that next season. I imagine Jags time will be up by then maybe.

Baines is good but not as spectacular as he used to be. Our left hand side isn't particularly a threat anymore imo, he seems to have lost that naughty cross he used to do on the regular.

That said, perhaps a better, more understanding left sided partner for Baines would do wonders. Ala Pienaar.
He's too old now fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back