Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

....rumour round-up for Friday morning;

- The ChronicleLive says Sunderland have confirmed the signing of Aiden McGeady from Everton. Former Toffee, James Vaughan has also joined the Black Cats. The Irish Independent reports Middlesbrough were willing to match McGeady's £40k per week wages but Everton were so keeen to get the player off their books, they accepted a transfer fee of only £250k. Press Association Sport suggest the player cost £500k.

- According to Sky Sports, Gylfi Sigurdsson was left behind from Swansea's pre-season tour of the USA following a £40m bid from Everton. The Express say Swansea will not budge from their £50m valuation but Sky suggest Everton could meet that with 'add ons'. The Leicester Mercury says Sigurdsson prefers a move to Everton over Leicester.

- ClickLiverpool quote Ronald Koeman; "We are close to having the right squad. We did really good business, bought really good players who will make the squad better and provide competition. We are expecting maybe one or two more to come in. It's really important to already have the players in so they need the adaptation, to learn how we play. Credit to the Board of Everton that they did really good business."

- The same outlet also quotes Koeman on Barkley; "At the moment it is not a clear situation. At the moment he is not fit, that's why he didn't travel with the team. We will see when he's fit and back, but everybody knows his situation and we will see what happens".

- The Telegraph report Bournemouth striker Josh King now prefers a move to Spurs over Everton but is concerned that the presence of Harry Kane will restrict his game time.

- According to Times journalist, Paul Joyce, Ramiro Funes-Mori faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a knee injury which could force Everton into a move for a left sided centre back.

- 4th Official again link Hull City with young Everton defender, Matthew Pennington.

- FootMercato says Everton and West Ham interest in Juventus's Mario Lemina continues. The Express also go with that story.

Its been intimated across a couple of threads that 'overpaying' for Sigurdsson (£50m) may impact on the funds available for a top class traditional centre forward. Maybe so. That said, I think we'll still get one.
Ideally, I'd have liked and Centre Back and a cover Left Back too. So, I think thats where we might be impacted (avaiable funds) in finalising the squad. A second centre back and 'new' left back may have to wait until next year now.
Of course, there's surely going to be some sales before 31 August too, and that could free up more cash.
If this plan works out, we'll just be adding 1 or 2 quality signings next summer. This spree of 'improving of the squad' has been very good thus far in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back