Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Martina and a Crocked Coleman at RB.

a past it Jags, an injured Mori and tugboat Williams at CB.

A past it Baines at LB

In short the defence is a shambles bar Keane - need another CB and LB in which doesn't sound likely based on the managers comments

Im sure Mr Koeman, who sees the players everyday in training is aware of this and has factored this into his plans for the team

We have Martina and a Crocked Coleman at RB.

a past it Jags, an injured Mori and tugboat Williams at CB.

A past it Baines at LB

In short the defence is a shambles bar Keane - need another CB and LB in which doesn't sound likely based on the managers comments
Not saying this is the case (don't want the argument) but If we are sell to buy and Barkley and McGeady will be used for Sigurdsson then it really isn't the best use of funds.

Two decent FBs and another CB will win us far more points than another attacking CM.

If our defence is a "shambles" as you say then why was it so decent last season?
Coleman wasn't injured. Baines was a year younger. Jags and Williams also both a year younger. Funes Mori wasn't injured.

Plus it wasn't decent. When teams applied any pressure it folded but our midfield was very good and stopped our defence from being exposed. It's probably why our record against the top teams was so poor. People have formations without either Gueye or Davies. Our midfield won't be the same next year.

Anyone get onto the David James interview floating about at he minute? He reckons we lied to potential signings by not letting him know we were selling Lukaku. Utter clown that lad, remember him saying we would finish 17th in Martinez' first year.

“It makes me laugh because, dare I say, there were a few players signed before Lukaku left and I can imagine part of the conversation [before signing] would have to have included the word Lukaku,” he told Daily Star Online.

“And then two minutes later he leaves.

“Whether or not players are happy or not with the fact he’s left remains to be seen.”

Can't wait until Sigurdsson and Giroud sign and this thread becomes redundant.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back