Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think if Sergio Aguero was available, he would choose to come to Everton over every single other team in the world that will want him?

It's not as simple as to say 'oh we have the money'. The actual player has to want to come here. And we are just not at the level to get these types yet. Not even close really. They would laugh at us right now if we tried.

We spent last summer trying to sign the likes of Mata, Koulibaly and Witsel (allegedly) and it proved an utterly silly move as those players simply didn't want to come to us (amongst other reasons).

nope, i didn't say that, I said we should try. The least we could do is enquire and see if there was a possibility he'd consider joining us.
He wouldn't have to move his family, or buy a new house, it'd probably add about twenty minutes onto his travel time to training. He'd be earning big money still and he'd be guaranteed to start when fit.
Same reason you see stunning girls with idiot fellas, because the idiot fellas actually had the balls to ask while everyone else stood there telling themselves the girls are out of their league.

nope, i didn't say that, I said we should try. The least we could do is enquire and see if there was a possibility he'd consider joining us.
He wouldn't have to move his family, or buy a new house, it'd probably add about twenty minutes onto his travel time to training. He'd be earning big money still and he'd be guaranteed to start when fit.
Same reason you see stunning girls with idiot fellas, because the idiot fellas actually had the balls to ask while everyone else stood there telling themselves the girls are out of their league.

He wouldn't consider joining us though. Every team on earth would want him.

Just seen in SSN City are open to offers for Patrick Roberts and talk of him going back to Celtic.

20 year of age, had 18 months loan at Celtic where he started to excel in the last 6 months, and if he's within Celtic's price range he won't be overly expensive. Exactly the sort of player we don't currently have. I'd be in for him for the right price.

@Zatara

Not a Koeman type of player i think, personally would love to give him a go here but cant see Koeman wanting him, he ditched eulofeu quickly

He wouldn't consider joining us though. Every team on earth would want him.

Why not? I'm pretty sure city weren't the only side interested in him when he left athletico.
It's highly unlikely but we'd be daft not to sound him out and see if there was any interest. We don't have to go shouting from the rooftops about bidding etc like we did last summer and make a show of ourselves.

Why not? I'm pretty sure city weren't the only side interested in him when he left athletico.
It's highly unlikely but we'd be daft not to sound him out and see if there was any interest. We don't have to go shouting from the rooftops about bidding etc like we did last summer and make a show of ourselves.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here mate. For me it would be a massive waste of time as he would say no.

It's all moot anyway as it's not going to happen. But we may as well trigger Messi's £300m release clause. Where's the harm? He can only say no.

I wonder how much Dembele and Tierney would cost

We would need to wait till after the champions league qualifiers.

Dembele we would be looking at around 30 million i reckon.

Tierney on the other hand, every tom, william and harry have enquired about him this summer, celtic have politely told everyone to take a running jump.
The fans would not accept him going anywere just yet, and the lad has 0% interest playing anywere else right now

Dembele we would be looking at around 30 million i reckon.

Tierney on the other hand, every tom, william and harry have enquired about him this summer, celtic have politely told everyone to take a running jump.
The fans would not accept him going anywere just yet, and the lad has 0% interest playing anywere else right now

william? it's supposed to be richard

We're going to have to agree to disagree here mate. For me it would be a massive waste of time as he would say no.

It's all moot anyway as it's not going to happen. But we may as well trigger Messi's £300m release clause. Where's the harm? He can only say no.

No worries, everyones entitled to their opinions :)

Come back when you play CL (Will be his answer I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back