Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish people would stop thinking it's only money that determines how successful a transfer is.

Asensio? Morata? AGUERO?!

We. Are. Everton.

Nothing wrong with ambition, if a player of that quality comes available and we can finance it then it's always worth a punt

I'm not interested in net spend as a measure of success, but am curious about our spending position because it might provide insight as to what we can reasonable do for the remainder of the window. If you accept we are about even now and will still sell McCarthy, Barkley, Niasse and possibly Robles then it should mean that we have 60 plus the original "war chest" to spend. I think that had to be ~40m (not that we will spend it, just that we could). Accepting that, we have ~100m that can yet be spent. What could that bring?

Gylfi - 45m: it may be too much, but the manager wants him and he is quality

Walcott - 25m: i know some don't like him, and his injury history is a bit concerning, but he adds needed pace, experience and goal scoring. We have Onyejuru and Lookman for the future - need to sign someone for now.

Martins Indi - 10m: not a world beater, but a proven league player who can also fill in at LB

Striker - 20-25m: thinking a target man here to offset Sandro. Giroud would be great, but there are others

All players in the 25-28 age bracket ideal. IMO this group needs to be contributors now, not players for the future.

Please be joking. Please.

Why? you're telling me, if a world class player was available and we had the means to pay for his transfer and wages that we shouldn't tryto sign them?
I'm not for one second saying that this is a realistic target for us right now, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Who could have seen robinho joining city all those years ago?

Why? you're telling me, if a world class player was available and we had the means to pay for his transfer and wages that we shouldn't tryto sign them?
I'm not for one second saying that this is a realistic target for us right now, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Who could have seen robinho joining city all those years ago?

You think if Sergio Aguero was available, he would choose to come to Everton over every single other team in the world that will want him?

It's not as simple as to say 'oh we have the money'. The actual player has to want to come here. And we are just not at the level to get these types yet. Not even close really. They would laugh at us right now if we tried.

We spent last summer trying to sign the likes of Mata, Koulibaly and Witsel (allegedly) and it proved an utterly silly move as those players simply didn't want to come to us (amongst other reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back