Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen in SSN City are open to offers for Patrick Roberts and talk of him going back to Celtic.

20 year of age, had 18 months loan at Celtic where he started to excel in the last 6 months, and if he's within Celtic's price range he won't be overly expensive. Exactly the sort of player we don't currently have. I'd be in for him for the right price.

@Zatara

100% they will insist on a buy back clause mate

if it's a given that we still need top quality at CB, LB and CF, who is in the frame? Im not including Gylfi in this due to it being a given that he's coming, seeing as the Welsh are being linked with Las Palmas player - attacking midfielder Jonathan Viera.

I'm too young to know who that is sorry Zat.

We won the cup in 95 playing matt Jackson at right back. However he didn't play league games, that was Earl Barrett. Earl was a 3 cap English international who on first viewing looked to have 'the whole package'.

Whenever the ball went close to Earl, it went into the stands. Such a disappointment.

Absolutely. I just want to hear/read him say it. But he never replies to me.
Weird thing is that when supporters from other clubs do come on here and openly admit their allegiance they are usually treated very well.

It would be interesting to get a perspective from Liverpool supporters about what we are doing.
We can get so absorbed with all that is happening that it can be hard to remain objective.

However, fans from across the park should remember that telling us we are not doing good business, not signing good players and are weaker than we were previously does not actually make it so.

Just seen in SSN City are open to offers for Patrick Roberts and talk of him going back to Celtic.

20 year of age, had 18 months loan at Celtic where he started to excel in the last 6 months, and if he's within Celtic's price range he won't be overly expensive. Exactly the sort of player we don't currently have. I'd be in for him for the right price.

@Zatara

He's tiny

Koeman won't have it

Heard that we have dialogue open with Celtic for Dembele, considering weeks a go this was a non event im guessing some of our original targets haven't been succesful (Giroud looks like a no, go).
Very early stages at the moment, Celtic would want a premium if we were to get him for the start of the season, possibly a deadline day/late august move on this one.

I wonder how much Dembele and Tierney would cost

We would need to wait till after the champions league qualifiers.

Aye, with the way prices are escalating now as well, can see any young player being sold the selling club insisting on either a huge sell on % or more likely a buy back clause
Don't mind so much the sell on % (provided it's just on profit of course). But never buy back clause. We're beyond that stage now.

We won the cup in 95 playing matt Jackson at right back. However he didn't play league games, that was Earl Barrett. Earl was a 3 cap English international who on first viewing looked to have 'the whole package'.

Whenever the ball went close to Earl, it went into the stands. Such a disappointment.

..I vaguely recall Ryan Giggs saying Barrett was his most difficult opponent.

He's tiny

Koeman won't have it
He's not tiny mate. He's slight, but not tiny.

You're probably right Toff but he's the sort of player that would offer something different to the squad for certain situations.

So do you reckon Koeman would never consider bringing in a Mata, Silva, Mahrez type player? I thought he'd be more pragmatic than that.

He's not tiny mate. He's slight, but not tiny.

You're probably right Toff but he's the sort of player that would offer something different to the squad for certain situations.

So do you reckon Koeman would never consider bringing in a Mata, Silva, Mahrez type player? I thought he'd be more pragmatic than that.

Hmm. Roberts isn't 'tiny', no, but he's very small and not really in the same style as Mata or Silva, yet. I just don't think he fits into what we need at all mate tbh.

We're getting Gylfi. Even if Ross goes, we wouldn't really need a player like Roberts.

I imagine he'll go back to Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back