Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is denying we have spent money but everyone knows it's just money we are bringing in from player sales. It's all of them.

Only it isn't though really mate, otherwise you'd be showing me proof in post after post from other fans forums wouldn't you to prove your point.

In the absence of such - it is just your opinion really isn't it

And Piernarr as well
He was boss in his day
I know he cheated on us but we forgave him and took him back into our bed and our hearts

Just to qualify I didnt mean Vaughan and Pienaar in the "garbage pile" that was reserved for Gibson, Oviedo & McGeady (and I forgot Lescott).

Rodwell, Vaughan, Pienaar and Vic are finished now as players - but I did like all of them at one point, Pienaar particularly.

Heard that we have dialogue open with Celtic for Dembele, considering weeks a go this was a non event im guessing some of our original targets haven't been succesful (Giroud looks like a no, go).
Very early stages at the moment, Celtic would want a premium if we were to get him for the start of the season, possibly a deadline day/late august move on this one.

Heard that we have dialogue open with Celtic for Dembele, considering weeks a go this was a non event im guessing some of our original targets haven't been succesful (Giroud looks like a no, go).
Very early stages at the moment, Celtic would want a premium if we were to get him for the start of the season, possibly a deadline day/late august move on this one.

Hello there RainoFrand

You know the drill.

Index

A well thought out and balanced post.

Are you ok mate? :)

In all seriousness, we know there are more coming in, it's just that some of the doom mongers are pooping their kex because they want / nay demand them right now!

I don't think its 'doom mongering'.

I think people are happy with what we've done 'so far' but see that we still need a centre back and a left back to really push on (after Sigurdsson and a forward) and are looking at the numbers and thinking we'll go into the season at breakeven.

There's a lot to be said about familiarity. Lukaku has gone, Barkley seems to be off soon and we don't ever go into a season with a top squad where we 'expect' to push the top 4...

Genuinely, with 4 top quality signings (forward / Sigurdsson / Centre back / Left back) I believe we have a top 4 squad and I don't think anyone could argue that.

People are negative because we as a club will 99% of the time seek to breakeven. The proof of the pudding for them will be if we sign those 4 players and show we are really aiming high and not just recycling players in/out of the squad,

Long range weaselling! A new category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back