Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we still have areas we are weak and it's a sign the owners aren't willing to spend money to invest in those areas.

Plus if we actually had lots of money. Would we really be buying 30m players or 50m etc. So of course it makes a difference.

lol

I'm not even going to argue with you. It's not worth the effort

For me, last summer was a shambles. The Jan window we got Lookman and Schneiderlin but Koeman didn't seem happy.

This summer weve brought in everyone we wanted (it seems) almost like going through a checklist, its impressive.

However, if we sold a bunch of players like robles, barkley, McCarthy, mori, niasse etc and brought in 80mil we could then breakeven with Sigurdsson and a forward.

For all the huge talk of investment in the playing squad, we will have been very intelligent and sensible in our business.

The media around Europe are seeing us in a new light and now would be the time to go and try and bring in one or two truly top class players while were in the limelight.

So, for me its whether we breakeven and have a much better younger squad than last season...or go and invest to push us a little further forward to compete for champions league.

I'd like to see us get in a couple more and then make lots of sales to breakeven before then making a couple of X-factor signings...

That would make the window a special one

I'd be delighted if this really is the strategy. Plausible like, although would be a complete change in behaviour expectations from the team that managed our 2016 Summer window...

I'd be delighted if this really is the strategy. Plausible like, although would be a complete change in behaviour expectations from the team that managed our 2016 Summer window...
Bill and sideshow Bob were in charge in June/July 2016
Moshiri realised what a total pair of dipsticks they were and got rid of them this summer
The nearly fatal cock up they made on the Morgan transfer was the final nail in their coffin for this summer

Actually - looked at a LOT of other fan sites - as find the fume funny, West ham, Saints, Stoke, West Ham and numerous other ones are all moaning about how active we have been and the money we've spent mate, even City and Chelsea fans the other week where cry arsing on twitter and forums about us.

There is one set of fans that what you say applies to though, and one fan forum, and that would be the rs and RAWK - is that the one you mean when you said that statement?
No one is denying we have spent money but everyone knows it's just money we are bringing in from player sales. It's all of them.

No one is denying we have spent money but everyone knows it's just money we are bringing in from player sales. It's all of them.

Simple question as you seem to be having trouble grasping the situation here.

Does your theory then get completely blown out of the water if we sign Gylfi for 45+m and Giroud or another striker for another 30?

Think of the low-points as an Evertonian over the last 15 years regarding summer transfers.
  • Delron Buckley playing as a trialist in pre-season
  • Straqualarisi being turned down by (Championship) Leicester before signing for us
  • Arteta leaving and not being replaced
  • Riquelme
  • Yarmelenko
And then imagine being a Sunderland fan signing all of our absolute garbage like Gibson, Oviedo, McGeady, to add to Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Pienaar

They are like an Everton C team. Our under-23's would destroy them. lol

Think of the low-points as an Evertonian over the last 15 years regarding summer transfers.
  • Delron Buckley playing as a trialist in pre-season
  • Straqualarisi being turned down by (Championship) Leicester before signing for us
  • Arteta leaving and not being replaced
  • Riquelme
  • Yarmelenko
And then imagine being a Sunderland fan signing all of our absolute garbage like Gibson, Oviedo, McGeady, to add to Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Pienaar

They are like an Everton C team. Our under-23's would destroy them. lol

Can we remove Vaughan from the garbage pile please.

Simple question as you seem to be having trouble grasping the situation here.

Does your theory then get completely blown out of the water if we sign Gylfi for 45+m and Giroud or another striker for another 30?
That's the Barkley McCarty Naisse Robles money we will be spending then
Keep up FFS
Well that's what they tell me when I ask the same question
Something to do with us getting a loan facility from a Chinese takeaway or something
I'm not really sure
I'm just glad we are selling crap players and players who don't want to be here and buying loads of boss players.
FFS we even bought a player Arsenal wanted and loaned him out just to piss the gunners off
Brill that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back