Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does negative net spend matter if we've improved the team.

Since you're so arsed about a positive net spend, I'm guessing you're going to be happy that we spend £45m on Gylfi, yep?
Because we still have areas we are weak and it's a sign the owners aren't willing to spend money to invest in those areas.

Plus if we actually had lots of money. Would we really be buying 30m players or 50m etc. So of course it makes a difference.

Of course he doesn't but it suits his agenda
No I don't because I don't believe the people who are saying we are rich believe it themselves and they aren't fooling anyone. It's arguing for arguments sake but it generates hits both on forums and websites.

But it makes us look like idiots to other club's fans. You should read their forums. None of them believe we are spending anything more than we are bringing in.

That said they also think we have done good business and spent well which I also agree with.

No I don't because I don't believe the people who are saying we are rich believe it themselves and they aren't fooling anyone. It's arguing for arguments sake but it generates hits both on forums and websites.

But it makes us look like idiots to other club's fans. You should read their forums. None of them believe we are spending anything more than we are bringing in.

That said they also think we have done good business and spent well which I also agree with.

George K why do you hate Everton so much?

Actually - looked at a LOT of other fan sites - as find the fume funny, West ham, Saints, Stoke, West Ham and numerous other ones are all moaning about how active we have been and the money we've spent mate, even City and Chelsea fans the other week where cry arsing on twitter and forums about us.

There is one set of fans that what you say applies to though, and one fan forum, and that would be the rs and RAWK - is that the one you mean when you said that statement?

Just a point for @d4kyxx and other net spend doom and gloomers...

After looking at who we have brought in how can you not say that is a statement of intent?

Future England #1 GK who's distribution of the ball is the best we will have seen at Everton in a long time

Not 1 but 2 Captains of Europa League finalists... one being the greatest striker England has produced in generations

One of the CLEAR epl standout CB's formally of United and Very highly regarded also potentially could lead Englands defence in the near future

A player who made as much noise coming out of Barcelona's La Masia as Lionel Messi and could comfortably be rotating in the current Barcelona squad who moved on from Hunger and Desire to be the best and lit up La Liga for Malaga ffs

I do not know much about Onyekuru but with the hype and how that transfer transpired he excites me also...

With MORE to come in the likes of Siggurdsson Giroud or similar elk striker and a defender

This Everton is the most exciting I have seen in decades... and on paper more than capable of taking down the Europa League

If we break dead even on spend....we could do it all again in January then again next summer

Or stuff it because @d4kyxx cannot see change and seemingly is taking a whooping in banter from some kopites... lets throw $100m and lets say another $100m in wages at Mauro Icardi hope he works and not have the ability to make major moves until another major investmebt comes in...

We are going to be dominating windows for the next couple of years i feel through sensible business

For me, last summer was a shambles. The Jan window we got Lookman and Schneiderlin but Koeman didn't seem happy.

This summer weve brought in everyone we wanted (it seems) almost like going through a checklist, its impressive.

However, if we sold a bunch of players like robles, barkley, McCarthy, mori, niasse etc and brought in 80mil we could then breakeven with Sigurdsson and a forward.

For all the huge talk of investment in the playing squad, we will have been very intelligent and sensible in our business.

The media around Europe are seeing us in a new light and now would be the time to go and try and bring in one or two truly top class players while were in the limelight.

So, for me its whether we breakeven and have a much better younger squad than last season...or go and invest to push us a little further forward to compete for champions league.

I'd like to see us get in a couple more and then make lots of sales to breakeven before then making a couple of X-factor signings...

That would make the window a special one

For me, last summer was a shambles. The Jan window we got Lookman and Schneiderlin but Koeman didn't seem happy.

This summer weve brought in everyone we wanted (it seems) almost like going through a checklist, its impressive.

However, if we sold a bunch of players like robles, barkley, McCarthy, mori, niasse etc and brought in 80mil we could then breakeven with Sigurdsson and a forward.

For all the huge talk of investment in the playing squad, we will have been very intelligent and sensible in our business.

The media around Europe are seeing us in a new light and now would be the time to go and try and bring in one or two truly top class players while were in the limelight.

So, for me its whether we breakeven and have a much better younger squad than last season...or go and invest to push us a little further forward to compete for champions league.

I'd like to see us get in a couple more and then make lots of sales to breakeven before then making a couple of X-factor signings...

That would make the window a special one

A well thought out and balanced post.

Are you ok mate? :)

In all seriousness, we know there are more coming in, it's just that some of the doom mongers are pooping their kex because they want / nay demand them right now!

Because we still have areas we are weak and it's a sign the owners aren't willing to spend money to invest in those areas.

Plus if we actually had lots of money. Would we really be buying 30m players or 50m etc. So of course it makes a difference.

Are you a bit impatient George? have you been spoilt as a child or something?

Why don't you actually wait, with it being only the 17th of July and all that before making an absolute melon of yourself?

We will know when we don't have a Lukaku to sell really how much money we have.

George K why do you hate Everton so much?

George's life changed the day he walked in on half a dozen neighbours having a go on his mum with Z Cars blasting out of the stereo. He has a nervous twitch whenever we run out at Goodison now and inadvertently touches himself in that special place as he thinks of that day.

I think that's where the hate stems from.

Fans who are saying we're only spending the Lukaku money are the same fans that were laughing off our chances of us getting a new stadium on the docks. The rawk types are simply trying to reassure themselves en masse but they've all got twitchy sphincters. They'll soon be on Roger Phillips having a meltdown and signing up to here to poor scorn on what's happening, it's a coping mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back