Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we still have areas we are weak and it's a sign the owners aren't willing to spend money to invest in those areas.

Plus if we actually had lots of money. Would we really be buying 30m players or 50m etc. So of course it makes a difference.
Joined last week!! Go and get your fingers wet kid. Are you really getting enjoyment from pretending to be an Evertonian

Chasing Mahrez is pointless. No way he's worth the £50M Leicester are demanding for him. He wants out and they missed the boat on cashing in on him when he had some value last summer. He'll go for £30M on the last day of the season to Stoke or West Ham.
Why would he leave Leicester to go to one of them? He wants top level football, not a sideways move or to step up a couple of places in the league.

and he wants to go to Roma? who have just sold about half their first team and have won as many league titles in the past twenty years as Leicester have
Roma who finished 2nd in Serie A, just four points behind Juventus and who have champions league football. They're currently a different level.

For me, last summer was a shambles. The Jan window we got Lookman and Schneiderlin but Koeman didn't seem happy.

This summer weve brought in everyone we wanted (it seems) almost like going through a checklist, its impressive.

However, if we sold a bunch of players like robles, barkley, McCarthy, mori, niasse etc and brought in 80mil we could then breakeven with Sigurdsson and a forward.

For all the huge talk of investment in the playing squad, we will have been very intelligent and sensible in our business.

The media around Europe are seeing us in a new light and now would be the time to go and try and bring in one or two truly top class players while were in the limelight.

So, for me its whether we breakeven and have a much better younger squad than last season...or go and invest to push us a little further forward to compete for champions league.

I'd like to see us get in a couple more and then make lots of sales to breakeven before then making a couple of X-factor signings...

That would make the window a special one
Can see where you are coming from Zat. However, I think we may have some problems getting cash in for Niasse, still don't know what the official line is on Mori's injury, and if Spurs don't match our valuation of Barkley that's up in the air too. Plus I also question your view on how much of an attraction Everton are to these X-factor" signings.

Sure, there's nothing to stop us putting bids in for players, but I think the club have learnt a lesson from the early days of last summers window. I think the club will be sounding out players agents/clubs before going as far as putting bids in, and I haven't got a problem with that. I'd love us to bring in a VVD or a Peresic or Icardi, but I don't think going around just putting bids in will do us any favours.

I know you were against it but the signing of Rooney, in media and profile terms at least, is considered an X factor signing my most of the football world.

And he's chosen Roma? Good side but can't see them winning the league anytime soon. Doesn't seem to be many big clubs knocking Leicester's door down.
Scoff all you want fella, but in the last 25 years I've seen us win three major competitions. The list of people with more in that time frame is pretty bloody small.

Just seen in SSN City are open to offers for Patrick Roberts and talk of him going back to Celtic.

20 year of age, had 18 months loan at Celtic where he started to excel in the last 6 months, and if he's within Celtic's price range he won't be overly expensive. Exactly the sort of player we don't currently have. I'd be in for him for the right price.

@Zatara

Scoff all you want fella, but in the last 25 years I've seen us win three major competitions. The list of people with more in that time frame is pretty bloody small.

Great cup win against Tranmere in the final mate, kind of highlights why that trophy was even more a joke of a comp back then, good win against boro though...

Bit irrelevant ofc to why you think Mahrez would only go to a team right at the top though, there is a hell of a lot of clubs above your level in footy mate, unless you think he actually means the guff about winning titles and CL etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back