Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, overall the attacking options are better and then a better keeper and central defence. It's not massively better it must be said, but when we think of the fact coleman and bolasie will be back eventually, barkley won't even get in that team, deulofeu couldn't even get into lasts seaosn's team and lukaku's replacement will be added to that, the first team squad has a lot more quality, is more solid, will be more efficient in the final 3rd and will be able to have great options off the bench and for rotation, those are the main things that matter.
This is a fair analysis. My main concern is who that Lukaku replacement will be. For me, that will define our transfer business and is likely to be the best barometer for how our season will go. If we get a quality goalscorer (not a 25 goal a season player, I accept that we will play a different way and, besides, there aren't many of them floating around) then I think that we are in decent shape (albeit with some areas of weakness - cover at CB and FB for example).

Lanzini isn't absolutely crap. He has been the best player on the pitch every time we have played them since he joined West Ham. Maybe he prefers another year at West Ham before getting a big move but he's certainly not crap.

Suso was young when he played for the RS. I watched a good bit of AC last season as I'm sure we all did. He was very good.

What, has he? I haven't even noticed him.

Oh so you found a an article in a welsh newspaper that has two lines about a spanish players appearances, and thats supposed to mean something?

Fantasy history. Would have taken you all of 2 minutes to actually research it. That season 3 years ago where he made just seven appearances? That was only half a season, he made 28 appearances that season, and scored 8 goals with 4 assists in 1600 minutes, so roughly 1 per 133 minutes. That season for Valencia, 5 years ago when he was only 22? Scored 2 and 3 assists in 766 minutes, or 1 per 150 minutes.
Most of those appearances with Las Palmas were in the 2nd division.

These are his stats for top division football (if you call Belgium's league that).

2012–2014 Valencia 18 (2)
2013–2014Rayo Vallecano (loan) 26 (5)
2014–2015 Standard Liège 3 (0)
2015– Las Palmas 67 (17)

Does that look like the stats for a 27 year old who's worth close to 30m? And people laugh at me saying we should spend an extra 10m and get Lanzini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back