Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are gonna be like arsenal where when paying for the Emirates for a good few years now.

It's part of the reason they've built a young squad hoping It will naturally improve as they won't be strengthening through spending now.

Also expect one big sake or more per summer, one to pay the bills on the stadium the other to fund any transfers.

We will finish above them next season - Wembley will cost them 15+ points.

Europa might cost us a few points to though...seems it does for every team

Breastfeeding+small+should+be+ok+nothing+to+flag+small_cf6800_4970901.gif
I cant stop watching this

Cant see point in loan apart from saving nominal wages. Hes a good back up keeper. Might as well keep him and gives us time to find a replacement.
We have Stek. I think they just want to free the wages knowing a keeper being sold to a Spanish club who has one year left is virtually worthless. If Robles wants to go there not much else we can do.

Europa might cost us a few points to though...seems it does for every team

We've greatly improved the size of the 'realistic' first team squad though mate to try cover that, nowt spurs can do about losing their home advantage, that every team coming there will be massively up for it as it's a trip to play at Wembley, and nothing they can do about the absolutely massive pitch being utterly horribly unsuited to there system and pressing style

We've greatly improved the size of the 'realistic' first team squad though mate to try cover that, nowt spurs can do about losing their home advantage, that every team coming there will be massively up for it as it's a trip to play at Wembley, and nothing they can do about the absolutely massive pitch being utterly horribly unsuited to there system and pressing style
What is stopping them from changing th dimensions of the pitch. As the home team they should be allowed.

I'm hopeful too ;) It isn't just about fatigue though it is also about the team changing so frequently and it is usually more necessary with Europa than CL due to distances travelled... Other big squads have suffered with it... Of course I hope we nail it and finish above Spurs as well as win the EL but I do feel there will be a bit of compromising as the season progresses... I think Spurs will struggle a bit too in Wembley which may benefit us but also other teams...not trying to be pessimistic here, I want to win the lot lol

What is stopping them from changing th dimensions of the pitch. As the home team they should be allowed.

The Premier League introduced rules two years ago to standardise pitches at 100m by 68m. The only pitches that are allowed to be smaller are those in older grounds, like White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge, where there isn't room to extend the pitch outwards.

Because Wembley does have the space to meet the Premier League's minimum requirement for a pitch, Spurs won't be allowed to make the dimensions any smaller, although they could request it is reduced from 69m to 68m, per the league's rules.

According to the Times, it was made clear to Tottenham at a meeting of the Premier League's 20 chairman that they would not be allowed special dispensation to change the size of the pitch.

That could be an issue for Spurs as they seek to improve upon their second-placed finish last season. Pochettino's men secured a record high finish and points haul, but fell short in the title race behind eventual champions Chelsea.

When it is built, the pitch at Tottenham's new stadium will also have to conform to the pitch size rules.

The Premier League introduced rules two years ago to standardise pitches at 100m by 68m. The only pitches that are allowed to be smaller are those in older grounds, like White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge, where there isn't room to extend the pitch outwards.

Because Wembley does have the space to meet the Premier League's minimum requirement for a pitch, Spurs won't be allowed to make the dimensions any smaller, although they could request it is reduced from 69m to 68m, per the league's rules.

According to the Times, it was made clear to Tottenham at a meeting of the Premier League's 20 chairman that they would not be allowed special dispensation to change the size of the pitch.

That could be an issue for Spurs as they seek to improve upon their second-placed finish last season. Pochettino's men secured a record high finish and points haul, but fell short in the title race behind eventual champions Chelsea.

When it is built, the pitch at Tottenham's new stadium will also have to conform to the pitch size rules.
Thanks.

Is ours a small pitch also. I've always thought so but it wasn't mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back