Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that is interesting to see is that the Media have gone back to 'plucky little everton mode'. We are now being linked with players who are not of the standing required to make it a top 7. This is just horse shine.

Today's laughable link is ...... Steven Caulker.

Total rubbish. Whilst we cannot expect to compete at the very top level right now (Aguro etc) we should be able to attract the very best players from those teams that are in the batch below us, or pick up fringe / unsettled players from those teams above us. Swansea will have to fight hard to keep Iceland. Links to Arsenal players make sense.

The Media love us being also rans. I would be great to pick up 2 or 3 real good signings before the window closes. Iceland, Giroud and a quality CB would do me.

Then watch us me Media Mogul. Watch us start to bridge the gap. Watch us progress. You will hate it.

OH JESUS

Koeman likes him as well.

One thing that is interesting to see is that the Media have gone back to 'plucky little everton mode'. We are now being linked with players who are not of the standing required to make it a top 7. This is just horse shine.

Today's laughable link is ...... Steven Caulker.

Total rubbish. Whilst we cannot expect to compete at the very top level right now (Aguro etc) we should be able to attract the very best players from those teams that are in the batch below us, or pick up fringe / unsettled players from those teams above us. Swansea will have to fight hard to keep Iceland. Links to Arsenal players make sense.

The Media love us being also rans. I would be great to pick up 2 or 3 real good signings before the window closes. Iceland, Giroud and a quality CB would do me.

Then watch us me Media Mogul. Watch us start to bridge the gap. Watch us progress. You will hate it.

Hmmmm, they will have a reason for doing this though.

Has the money dried up now so are we back to just signing squad fillers....

Theres reasons for everything.

You can't have it both ways though mate.

Dubious link to a freebie means we have no money yeah?
So do the links to players who would cost a heck of a lot mean we are still loaded?

So do the links to players who would cost a heck of a lot mean we are still loaded?

Devils advocate.

It could mean a variety of things, could mean we are keeping our cards close to our chest so they have reverted to what they know with us as they haven't been fed anything.

Have to wait and see 40+ days left to get in some creativity and a striker.

The Jonathan Viera rumour is a strange one. saw it in Marca this morning. Saw him a few times last season with Las Palmas and thought he looked interesting while a little inconsistant. I thought at the time he was younger and with age he'd iron out that facet. However at 28 I'm not too happy about the idea of paying 30 million euros for him. As Bycicleheader points out, La Liga is not the kids' playground some make it out to be but there is a noticeabe step up in the physical sense coming to the prem.

I think what most of it means is that 99% of the media are still guessing and linking us with literally every player that might possibly move because we've signed most of the ones that have moved so far.

Devils advocate.

It could mean a variety of things, could mean we are keeping our cards close to our chest so they have reverted to what they know with us as they haven't been fed anything.

Could be the story is total bilge.

Devils advocate.

The money certainly hasn't run out mate, we haven't really spent anything yet (sorry to all who are royally fed up with setting the words NET and SPEND)

I think the more likely argument is that these journalists, and I use that word loosely, will make absolutely anything up so to fill blank spaces. It's the easiest job in the world.

The 'link' to Caulker comes from an opinion piece on the amazingly respected football site called 'This is futbol' by the well renowned itk Bodie Williams.

and it's stating 'Everton MUST rival Celtic to try sign him'

So believe it if you want mate

We still have a few more big buys left in us but it seems odd that things have appeared to have slowed down when we still need a striker, wide player and CB.

We are trying to sign by far and away Swanseas most important player - and one who has interest from several other teams.
We are trying to sign Giroud, who Arsenal want to keep and whose future depends on him deciding to leave Arsenal - and other player with several interested teams in him.

ofc things will slow down for these two players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back