Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't want to set myself up as ITK here . . . . . . . . but I've heard we are in for Sigurdsson from Swansea.
Anybody else heard the rumours?
H-1eHj.gif

Why

Costa is sitting on a beach in Brazil and we are desperate for a forward
It's World Cup year
He's quality and is aggressive
Don't care that he's not a full shilling
Can be a great signing for 12 months then go to athletico Madrid if he wants to or stay with us
Worth a punt

A major hole in your theory: Diego Costa won't come here.

The end

A major hole in your theory: Diego Costa won't come here.

Why not ?
He isn't playing any football.
Chelsea don't want him.
He wants to sign for Athlitico Madrid but can't at the moment.
It's World Cup year.
Everton are desperate for a forward and can have one on loan for a year.
Where else can he go to on a temp basis?
And most important point is that Everton are still a great club

Really don't want to set myself up as ITK here . . . . . . . . but I've heard we are in for Sigurdsson from Swansea.
Anybody else heard the rumours?
Actually, the Welsh mafia are pushing him into hiding. He figures at Everton they'll never find him.

Reading the Express earlier with the article about our transfer pursuits having an eye catching point:

Sigurdsson is unlikely to be the last of the new arrivals at Everton with Koeman keen on a move for Fiorentina hat man Nikola Kalinic.

The Croatian international, 29, spent two seasons at Blackburn Rovers is rated at around £22.5 million by Fiorentina who are resigned to selling him.

I think it would be ace to have a striker who takes to the pitch wearing various head attire. A diving header in a Federer or a spectacular bicycle kick in a fine Top hat would be superb.

Sign him up Everton.

Reading the Express earlier with the article about our transfer pursuits having an eye catching point:

Sigurdsson is unlikely to be the last of the new arrivals at Everton with Koeman keen on a move for Fiorentina hat man Nikola Kalinic.

The Croatian international, 29, spent two seasons at Blackburn Rovers is rated at around £22.5 million by Fiorentina who are resigned to selling him.

I think it would be ace to have a striker who takes to the pitch wearing various head attire. A diving header in a Federer or a spectacular bicycle kick in a fine Top hat would be superb.

Sign him up Everton.
you mean fedora?

federer is a tennis player

No mate. You know nothing in terms of Footballing tactics compared to RK. He knows if an U23 is ready not some blurt on a forum. I get it's about opinions on here but just cos Martina isn't fashionable or fits with the current agenda of what "the likes of you" (mostly you) deem to be an Everton player but again you know next to nothing compared to the gaffer who might know a little about defenders given his pedigree.

Managers aren't always correct mate. Otherwise they wouldn't have basically the highest sack rate of any profession, as for Martina - he is utter rubbish.

To add to Stevons reply, I wouldn't play a forward as a wingback, I also wouldn't attempt to shoehorn all my new signings into a team and, most importantly I wouldn't sign an inferior teams badly gash 3rd choice right back over two of Englands most promising right backs.

You know, obvious stuff.

As for 'the gaffer' knowing a lot about defenders and defensive tactics as a former defender...that's simply not true and has been shown to be the case that even interpreters like Mourinho can know far more than managers.

It's funny you mention 'an agenda' when the only person with an agenda here is YOU who doesn't want Jonjoe Kenny to see game time and when he does you'd be happy to see him play badly as you insinuate to be able to point fingers at EVERTONIANS>

Interestingly a lot of Americans liked your post....a nation whose main sport doesn't have a proper youth system.

I wonder why the Willian Jose rumours have died of a sudden death? In the second part of last season we were heavily linked and it seemed Walsh had had him watched a lot and he was the striker he was pushing Koeman to get and that he was in constant dialogue with Sociedad with regards a deal.

I wonder if this will run along quietly under the radar and rear its head in the coming weeks? There doesn't seem to be a great abundance of options target man wise for us to go for. Giroud is out of bounds now, Benteke the same possibly, Welbeck I can't see there being anything in it, Kalinic possibly off to Milan. After that, who is their realistically we could go for and possibly get?.....

Bas Dost

Lukaku bagging two goals for man u. Got a horrible feeling that piece of transfer business may be the worst of this year and come back to haunt us. We should have sold him at a knock down price abroad even if it cost us cash or at least insisted on at least a full 100m rather than cave in for less.

To add to Stevons reply, I wouldn't play a forward as a wingback, I also wouldn't attempt to shoehorn all my new signings into a team and, most importantly I wouldn't sign an inferior teams badly gash 3rd choice right back over two of Englands most promising right backs.

You know, obvious stuff.

As for 'the gaffer' knowing a lot about defenders and defensive tactics as a former defender...that's simply not true and has been shown to be the case that even interpreters like Mourinho can know far more than managers.

It's funny you mention 'an agenda' when the only person with an agenda here is YOU who doesn't want Jonjoe Kenny to see game time and when he does you'd be happy to see him play badly as you insinuate to be able to point fingers at EVERTONIANS>

Interestingly a lot of Americans liked your post....a nation whose main sport doesn't have a proper youth system.
Please explain to us how the US main sport doesn't have a youth system. Dying to hear this response.

You know, obvious stuff.

Kenny played for the U23s so he couldn't play against Stoke. And as @Jayhow15 says he is not ready according to RK.

However, I think RK trying out a striker in DCL at wingback shows that he too knows that Martina is not up to par.

Last edited:
Lukaku bagging two goals for man u. Got a horrible feeling that piece of transfer business may be the worst of this year and come back to haunt us. We should have sold him at a knock down price abroad even if it cost us cash or at least insisted on at least a full 100m rather than cave in for less.

Calling it right now. Lukaku misses a pen and Rooney scores a last minute winner at Old Trafford.

And naturally we beat them 4-0 at Fortress Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back