Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to Stevons reply, I wouldn't play a forward as a wingback, I also wouldn't attempt to shoehorn all my new signings into a team and, most importantly I wouldn't sign an inferior teams badly gash 3rd choice right back over two of Englands most promising right backs.

You know, obvious stuff.

As for 'the gaffer' knowing a lot about defenders and defensive tactics as a former defender...that's simply not true and has been shown to be the case that even interpreters like Mourinho can know far more than managers.

It's funny you mention 'an agenda' when the only person with an agenda here is YOU who doesn't want Jonjoe Kenny to see game time and when he does you'd be happy to see him play badly as you insinuate to be able to point fingers at EVERTONIANS>

Interestingly a lot of Americans liked your post....a nation whose main sport doesn't have a proper youth system.

Have no issue with Kenny. I would love the U23s to be the crux of our team for years to come. I just worry that they'd not be given time to fit In, they'd be expected to be the finished article immediately.

I have no agenda here. As for the US they do have the scholarship programme in most of their sports leading to the college game leading to the pro game so a youth system in theory just different, a bit like you and I. Can't be helped.

Oh I agree with you. I'm just saying that it's not only Zat who thinks Martina isn't good enough. RK is starting to come to terms with it too.

Although he has a fine cross on him Martina.
Yeah, good point. It's hard to ignore. If you try and shift your entire formation because you think you only have a single outside back, that doesn't display a lot of confidence in your RB options.

I know mate, weird isn't it...
Not sure if it's college or pro, but it's definitely American football, then baseball / basketball, maybe hockey over soccer, that's a tough one. All of which have insane facilities and youth systems compare to everywhere else on the planet. Heck, college facilities are amazing in the States.

....still a few weeks of the window left, here's a round-up of Monday morning's rumours;

- The Telegraph report the Tottenham are ready to start a spending spree and will formalise their interest in Everton midfielder Ross Barkley. Spurs are confident they can get their man for £25m.

- The Liverpool Echo says Ronald Koeman wants Gareth Barry to stay at Everton but would not stand in his way if the player asks to leave amidst interest from a number of clubs. Sky Sports suggest West Brom are eyeing Hull midfielder Sam Clucas if they fail to land Barry.

- According to Italian daily outlet, Gazzetta delo Sport, AC Milan have stepped up their pursuit of Fiorentina striker, Nikola Kalinic. The player is a target for Everton but is believed to prefer a move to Milan.

- TalkSport suggest Everton have switched their attention to Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck after their attempts to sign his teammate Olivier Giroud failed.

- German side Ingolstadt have confirmed on their website that defender Marcel Tisserand has been excluded from first team training to facilitate a transfer. RMC Sport have reported that Everton had a £2.75m bid rejected for the DR Congo international but L'Equipe suggest Middlesborough are in talks to sign the player in case they lose centre back Ben Gibson in this window.

What have you heard mate??

I don't think its about what he/she has 'heard' per se, it can be summarised as;

'I can see, said the blind man to his deaf wife'.

What's weird? America? Have to say I agree...

Certainly their route into professional sports Is very queer indeed. Also one may say the same about their transfer system which I believe is run by the MLS itself.

Have no issue with Kenny. I would love the U23s to be the crux of our team for years to come. I just worry that they'd not be given time to fit In, they'd be expected to be the finished article immediately.

I have no agenda here. As for the US they do have the scholarship programme in most of their sports leading to the college game leading to the pro game so a youth system in theory just different, a bit like you and I. Can't be helped.

You have a choice of Kenny or Cuco, it appears that you wish Kenny to fail so you can poke fun at Evertonians...ergo you must prefer Cuco. There's a word for that...

Yeah, good point. It's hard to ignore. If you try and shift your entire formation because you think you only have a single outside back, that doesn't display a lot of confidence in your RB options.

He's the one that signed the chap whose not good enough on the bench. He's played a centre forward, centre midfielder (or two including McCarthy before) a centre/full back hybrid in Holgate and then finally the supposed future superstar full back as a 5th choice it seems...

Not sure if it's college or pro, but it's definitely American football, then baseball / basketball, maybe hockey over soccer, that's a tough one. All of which have insane facilities and youth systems compare to everywhere else on the planet. Heck, college facilities are amazing in the States.

I'm quietly confident that rugby with manicure/pedicure breaks and pads + rounders and netball for tall man and fake hockey are very exciting sports for Americans and they can build great facilities for these local sports but when you have Lalas and Donovan as figureheads over there it's not really a discussion let alone an argument is it?

As for transfers, we have all these right back options and lots of left attacking options so it will be interesting to sign another one in Sigurdsson as well as hopefully make a move on a top centre back.

The strange thing is that all seems to have stopped when we went for Sigurdsson, almost as if we are waiting on sales or something....I wonder why we haven't signed anyone apart from former Southampton 3rd choice full back and free agent Cuco Martina during this time.

Somehow I doubt we can do well in the next few games....

....still a few weeks of the window left, here's a round-up of Monday morning's rumours;

- The Telegraph report the Tottenham are ready to start a spending spree and will formalise their interest in Everton midfielder Ross Barkley. Spurs are confident they can get their man for £25m.

- The Liverpool Echo says Ronald Koeman wants Gareth Barry to stay at Everton but would not stand in his way if the player asks to leave amidst interest from a number of clubs. Sky Sports suggest West Brom are eyeing Hull midfielder Sam Clucas if they fail to land Barry.

- According to Italian daily outlet, Gazzetta delo Sport, AC Milan have stepped up their pursuit of Fiorentina striker, Nikola Kalinic. The player is a target for Everton but is believed to prefer a move to Milan.

- TalkSport suggest Everton have switched their attention to Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck after their attempts to sign his teammate Olivier Giroud failed.

- German side Ingolstadt have confirmed on their website that defender Marcel Tisserand has been excluded from first team training to facilitate a transfer. RMC Sport have reported that Everton had a £2.75m bid rejected for the DR Congo international but L'Equipe suggest Middlesborough are in talks to sign the player in case they lose centre back Ben Gibson in this window.

All sadly very depressing.

I don't think its about what he/she has 'heard' per se, it can be summarised as;

'I can see, said the blind man to his deaf wife'.

Certainly their route into professional sports Is very queer indeed. Also one may say the same about their transfer system which I believe is run by the MLS itself.

You have a choice of Kenny or Cuco, it appears that you wish Kenny to fail so you can poke fun at Evertonians...ergo you must prefer Cuco. There's a word for that...

He's the one that signed the chap whose not good enough on the bench. He's played a centre forward, centre midfielder (or two including McCarthy before) a centre/full back hybrid in Holgate and then finally the supposed future superstar full back as a 5th choice it seems...

I'm quietly confident that rugby with manicure/pedicure breaks and pads + rounders and netball for tall man and fake hockey are very exciting sports for Americans and they can build great facilities for these local sports but when you have Lalas and Donovan as figureheads over there it's not really a discussion let alone an argument is it?

As for transfers, we have all these right back options and lots of left attacking options so it will be interesting to sign another one in Sigurdsson as well as hopefully make a move on a top centre back.

The strange thing is that all seems to have stopped when we went for Sigurdsson, almost as if we are waiting on sales or something....I wonder why we haven't signed anyone apart from former Southampton 3rd choice full back and free agent Cuco Martina during this time.

Somehow I doubt we can do well in the next few games....

Do you sleep??

Anyway....

I do not want Kenny to fail. Of course I want Cuco to succeed or I'd be a bad Blue. If Kenny was ready a la Davies last season I'm sure RK would play him. I don't what the word you're looking for is. I'm a supporter of our team and as it stands the gaffer has my confidence. Why so negative?

Do you sleep??

Anyway....

I do not want Kenny to fail. Of course I want Cuco to succeed or I'd be a bad Blue. If Kenny was ready a la Davies last season I'm sure RK would play him. I don't what the word you're looking for is. I'm a supporter of our team and as it stands the gaffer has my confidence. Why so negative?
Don't bother mate. Some people manage to watch 725 games of football a week so they know best.

Do you sleep??

Anyway....

Zat won't be happy until our U14 team is playing every week.He's scouted every young footballer in the world and as a dossier on them all; he knows better than any manager

I was super excited when we were making deals before the window even opened, but now it just feels like it usually is where nothing will get done and we make a bid for a Sissoko and a loan of a Valencia type... fingers crossed though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back