Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with clubs though when a player is away on international duty it will be very difficult to talk to the player and get a deal signed as you'd imagine they would be committed to the national side for that period
Of course, but clubs will still talk to each other. The only issue really is talking to the player. But we did that twice this season already with Pickford and Sandro. We talk to the club, agree a fee and then send someone out to get the contract signed. It ain't that hard to do. Also, you ain't got any of the bs about "well, we might need him for our first four games, so you'll have to wait". Teams are forced to decide who they want and will have to act accordingly. I think it makes sense tbh.

Of course, but clubs will still talk to each other. The only issue really is talking to the player. But we did that twice this season already with Pickford and Sandro. We talk to the club, agree a fee and then send someone out to get the contract signed. It ain't that hard to do. Also, you ain't got any of the bs about "well, we might need him for our first four games, so you'll have to wait". Teams are forced to decide who they want and will have to act accordingly. I think it makes sense tbh.

I'm not saying it can't be done I just think it will complicate things and deals may be a lot more difficult to complete during World Cup and euro summers. We saw with Sandro it took time to sort everything whilst he was away for the u21s

The other issue I have is they are talking about being able to sell but not buy after august 1st which brings in the issue that if a player wants to go, you then can't replace them

But giroud would?

yfu.gif

I'm not saying it can't be done I just think it will complicate things and deals may be a lot more difficult to complete during World Cup and euro summers. We saw with Sandro it took time to sort everything whilst he was away for the u21s

The other issue I have is they are talking about being able to sell but not buy after august 1st which brings in the issue that if a player wants to go, you then can't replace them

If a team is not allowed to buy then who are you going to sell to? :confused:

As the current deadline day is the same for the top leagues and they all begin within a week of each other, I can imagine other leagues will follow suit and change theirs to match. In effect all business between the major leagues is completed before everyones season begins.

Would be the best case scenario, plus the window wont be as drawn out and long. Lets face it, teams have from the beginning of June.

Really hoping we snatch up Emre Mor .. He's got the pace and dribbling we are lacking. He reminds me of hazard...
Also Kasper Dolberg... Seeing what happened to Morata I highly doubt he will want to go sit on Madrid's bench! We might have a good shot at obtaining him considering we have his buddy Klaassen and dutch Koeman.

If a team is not allowed to buy then who are you going to sell to? :confused:

Think he means abroad. If we close our window on 5th of Aug for instance and Spain/Italy/Germany still have theirs on 31st August, they could come and unsettle/chase a player and the English club couldnt sign a replacement.

It would be best if all the leagues agreed on an earlier date.

But if a player wants to go after the window closes then he can't be bought can he? I mean that's the point I guess. I, personally, think it'll clean up the mess that is the transfer window. Doubt we'll get 3000 bloody pages again. (Although this one did start a little early).

Imagine that snide in a Derby :p
See, that's exactly what I was thinking. Think how many they've had over the years. "Stevie me" and Kuyt and Suarez, and however many more. And we've had Cap'n Jags. Ffs. Not slagging Jags cos he's been ace but he's too damn nice. We need a snide. We'll never get Costa, it's some daft paper talk, but I'd love someone like that for us. We're too damned nice all round. Baines as next Captain? God no. Even bloody Seamus, who is my choice tbh, is like the nicest bloke on the planet. At least he's got a streak about him when he plays though. We need mean! I think Davy klaassen is gonna be ace for us. Such a nice guy though. Rooney had to leave us to learn how to be nasty.

See, that's exactly what I was thinking. Think how many they've had over the years. "Stevie me" and Kuyt and Suarez, and however many more. And we've had Cap'n Jags. Ffs. Not slagging Jags cos he's been ace but he's too damn nice. We need a snide. We'll never get Costa, it's some daft paper talk, but I'd love someone like that for us. We're too damned nice all round. Baines as next Captain? God no. Even bloody Seamus, who is my choice tbh, is like the nicest bloke on the planet. At least he's got a streak about him when he plays though. We need mean! I think Davy klaassen is gonna be ace for us. Such a nice guy though. Rooney had to leave us to learn how to be nasty.
Bring Cahill & Dunc back for just 2 games a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back