Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

He wouldn't be a starter this season but would still get games. Not sure what the issue is signing him and loaning him out. Better than waiting till next summer and not being able to sign him.
He would get plenty of games.

Though letting him grow another year would possibly be best. Just want us to sign him.

Would like the players who offer nothing to be moved on please ...

Might upset some people, but if McCarthy isn't being sold, then get rid of Besic. If McCarthy is getting sold then keep Mo. Shift Lennon, dump Robles to give him a fair chance of having a good career elsewhere. Barkley needs kicking out of the door asap. That (McCarthy, Lennon, Robles, Barkley) ought to pay for Sigurdsson, meaning not only could we end up having a negative net spend, but our wage bill should be down too YoY!

Would like the players who offer nothing to be moved on please ...

Might upset some people, but if McCarthy isn't being sold, then get rid of Besic. If McCarthy is getting sold then keep Mo. Shift Lennon, dump Robles to give him a fair chance of having a good career elsewhere. Barkley needs kicking out of the door asap. That (McCarthy, Lennon, Robles, Barkley) ought to pay for Sigurdsson, meaning not only could we end up having a negative net spend, but our wage bill should be down too YoY!

Dont forget Omaur!!!
Add Gylfi to that and take the 5 mentioned needed to ship out that leaves us with a squad of 23. We have Mori, Bolasie & Coleman all on long term injury (20). Take out the 2 Gks that leaves us with 18 fully fit outfield players (including the likes of Kenny, Davies, DCL, Lookman & Holgate).
We add our striker, a centre back and if possible a winger and a barry replacement (the last 2 are not desperate). i think we are set ok.
I like a small squad though, i know others want 30 players to chose from but i prefer small squads to keep continuity, team moral and it is always easier to train a smaller squad.

He wouldn't be a starter this season but would still get games. Not sure what the issue is signing him and loaning him out. Better than waiting till next summer and not being able to sign him.

Issue for me would be signing him and then loaning him if its for a position we currently need, May just see us waiting that year to address it effectively, leaves us short this season mate.

Before the end of the window I reckon we'll see a few more outs:

Lennon on loan somewhere with a view to buy.
Niasse out for a similar arrangement. Would love to just sell him for about £5m though.
Robles out for a couple of million to someone like Getafe.

Can't see McCarthy leaving now for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back