Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you only compare attacks? Our defence is better than RS and Arsenal's. It's not all about goals as we've seen in the first round of PL fixtures.

I think our defence is stronger because of our style of play rather than because of the individuals in there being better defenders.

Keane would probably get in the RS defence (but they didn't sign him) but I'm not sure Arsenal would have him.
A fit Coleman would get in both.
Baines - maybe, they are both weak at left back
Pickford in RS but not Arsenal

I think our defence is stronger because of our style of play rather than because of the individuals in there being better defenders.

Keane would probably get in the RS defence (but they didn't sign him) but I'm not sure Arsenal would have him.

Holding/ Holden plays for Arsenal at the back.... And he's poo

Kinda skimming over the point I was making though aren't you. You don't have to be high scorers to be successful. Moyes got us 4th and we were hardly scoring at a Monaco rate were we.

In your mind, how seriously are we taking cup competitions/Europe this year? Let's say we go far in the league cup and at least the knockout stages of the Europa league? Not to mention hopefully doing something in the FA Cup. If top 4 is your priority then we have a decent enough squad to have a crack at it. But last year man united (who have a much better squad than us) proved how difficult it is to compete on all these fronts. Personally I'd be furious if we exit cup competitions early for what is a slim but possible chance of top 4. It feels like when other teams get it we mock the "top 4 trophy", but now it's a priority. Give me European glory and qualification all day.

In all honesty Koeman will probably put out a jarg side for the league cup like he did last year. People will complain but its just the way its gonna be as he'll be focusing on league + europe as most managers would. I'd definitely rather win the Europa than get 4th in the league like but I doubt we'll be prioritising either as of yet - probably just go full throttle at both and then as things start to take shape we'll prioritise the route that looks most likely.

Cech is on the decline

In your mind, how seriously are we taking cup competitions/Europe this year? Let's say we go far in the league cup and at least the knockout stages of the Europa league? Not to mention hopefully doing something in the FA Cup. If top 4 is your priority then we have a decent enough squad to have a crack at it. But last year man united (who have a much better squad than us) proved how difficult it is to compete on all these fronts. Personally I'd be furious if we exit cup competitions early for what is a slim but possible chance of top 4. It feels like when other teams get it we mock the "top 4 trophy", but now it's a priority. Give me European glory and qualification all day.

I hope we put 100% into the league and europa. I'd put our second string side out for the domestic cups. I'd even take a top 2,3,4 spot over an fa cup win.

Why do you only compare attacks? Our defence is better than RS and Arsenal's. It's not all about goals as we've seen in the first round of PL fixtures.

To be fair, our attack is woeful. Three transfer windows into Koeman's reign and we have an attack with: no pace, no flair, no creativity, no striker who can hold the ball up and no striker who scores from high-percentage locations (i.e., in the box in front of goal).

Sandro isn't slow but he won't be burning his way past defences, Lookman is fast and has flair but still needs to be eased in, Sigurdsson *might* solve the creativity issue but that's a huge if...one thing our attack does have is great movement with Klaassen, Sandro and Rooney, but hilariously we have no passers in midfield to take advantage of that, so, who knows what the hell the plan is eh.

To be fair, our attack is woeful. Three transfer windows into Koeman's reign and we have an attack with: no pace, no flair, no creativity, no striker who can hold the ball up and no striker who scores from high-percentage locations (i.e., in the box in front of goal).

Sandro isn't slow but he won't be burning his way past defences, Lookman is fast and has flair but still needs to be eased in, Sigurdsson *might* solve the creativity issue but that's a huge if...one thing our attack does have is great movement with Klaassen, Sandro and Rooney, but hilariously we have no passers in midfield to take advantage of that, so, who knows what the hell the plan is eh.

Again, everyone is laser focused on the attack. Isn't the sole way you win a football match. If we keep it tight we'll still create enough chances.

That's not really true though, because for 2 of those transfer windows we had Lukaku; he seemed to do ok over that period...,even if he his a 2 faced king cobra serpent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back