Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts and judging by Koemans preferred playing style and his comments on age and type of player he wants it's an experienced target man we are after
That rules out Inechancho Defoe and Hernandez
Costa won't come here
Most of the rest are too dear won't be sold too young or not proven
I'd take Dzeko , Welbeck but fitness is a concern
Giroud would be ideal but looks like he's staying as an off the bench option
If Sanches stays at Arsenal Giroud would be 5/6 choice at CF so I'm surprised in a World Cup season (his last) he's prepared to sit on the bench
Bas Dost!

Bas Dost!
Never watched him but I like the idea of having a 6'6" striker getting on the end of everything.

EDIT:

Just noticed he's got a goal a game for Sporting. Impressive.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.12.42.webp

Know nothing about him
Is he over 26 yrs old , over 6 ft , can he score goals , can he hold the ball up , can he link play , is he proven over a few seasons
If yes to all of those then I'd say yes

Here's a vid of him mate, I can honestly say I've never really noticed him before. Be warned, most of the goals he scores here no one seems to be marking him lol

By all accounts and judging by Koemans preferred playing style and his comments on age and type of player he wants it's an experienced target man we are after
That rules out Inechancho Defoe and Hernandez
Costa won't come here
Most of the rest are too dear won't be sold too young or not proven
I'd take Dzeko , Welbeck but fitness is a concern
Giroud would be ideal but looks like he's staying as an off the bench option
If Sanches stays at Arsenal Giroud would be 5/6 choice at CF so I'm surprised in a World Cup season (his last) he's prepared to sit on the bench
Would also be happy with Dzeko or Welbeck. Also Vardy, possibly King, Benteke or Kalinich. Not convinced Slimani is quite good enough.....Costa even for 6 months would be a coup

I think Nicolai Jorgensen could be the one we end up with and I wouldn't mind that at all. Him and the extremely versatile Dendocker would just about round off our squad.

Only reason I think there's a shot at Mandzukic is the fact he's probably 5th choice in the forwards at Juve:

Higuain
Dybala
bernadeschi (wide forward)
Douglas Costa (wide forward)
Mario
Pjaca

But he's probably very comfy in Turin with occasional Champs League games and starting half the Série A matches.

What are the striking options?

Dzeko
Costa
Welbeck
Kalinich
Slimani
Vardy?
Deeney
Dembele
King
Benteke

Who else?? Who is best? I'd like to see Dzeko come in

We seem to have missed a trick vs some teams below us. Leicester got Iheanacho, West Ham signed Hernandez, Bournemouth got Defoe....

That list seems to cover everyone although you can never rule out a late surprise. I wonder if there is any concrete Dzeko links, don't see that happening though.

To me it seems it might be either Slimani or Welbeck, and I would be very wary signing Welbeck given his injury record. Benteke and Vardy are non-starters IMO, and this whole Costa thing is nothing but a joke.

Still think it points to Slimani coming in, I find that a bit 'meh' but at least he is a big unit and very much the sort of player that Koeman likes in that role.

It will be done or not in the last week or TDD itself, as will the CB/LB signing, whilst Koeman has already said we won't buy for the sake of it, we need those extra players in.

I would absolutely take both Slimani and Howedes right now, and if that came off, I reckon we would have very little cause for complaint and could reflect on probably the best transfer window in our history.

I think Nicolai Jorgensen could be the one we end up with and I wouldn't mind that at all. Him and the extremely versatile Dendocker would just about round off our squad.
Good point - good track record and would be keen. But can he make the step up to the prem? Could be worth a gamble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back