Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also be happy with Dzeko or Welbeck. Also Vardy, possibly King, Benteke or Kalinich. Not convinced Slimani is quite good enough.....Costa even for 6 months would be a coup
I can't see Vardy being sold plus he's not a target man
Bentake would be expensive but I don't think he suits FDB
King is in my opinion not good enough
I don't know enough about Kalinic to rate him
Agree on Slimani but Costs is a no go for me
It would be Sept before he is fit and he'd be off in Jan to Athletico

I can't see Vardy being sold plus he's not a target man
Bentake would be expensive but I don't think he suits FDB
King is in my opinion not good enough
I don't know enough about Kalinic to rate him
Agree on Slimani but Costs is a no go for me
It would be Sept before he is fit and he'd be off in Jan to Athletico

Two months of Costa would be worth a season of anyone else on that list, and could easily be the difference between 7th and 4th at the end of the season. There is always the chance that Chelsea and Atleti might not come to an agreement in January as well.

He's not 'tosh' he's just always injured. Was instrumental keeping them up season before last. Absolutely bossed us when they won.

Always injured...never fit...this really sounds familiar. No one decent would have him.

When did Sunderland win us last season? I cannot recall. You mean under the clown 2 years ago? Everyone would have bossed us at that time.

Slimani got 8 goals and 5 assists in limited play time for Leicester and for large portion of the season they were gash. Reckon he could do a job because his heading ability is great and would be lethal with Gulfi.

Two months of Costa would be worth a season of anyone else on that list, and could easily be the difference between 7th and 4th at the end of the season. There is always the chance that Chelsea and Atleti might not come to an agreement in January as well.
I think Costa will agitate and make sure he gets his move in Jan
Even if that doesn't happen there's a chance he would down tools in Jan to force a move.
I agree if he was happy to play 1 season with us and a guaranteed move to Athletico in June then I'd take a chance.
However very few players have taken on Abramovich and won
They may just let him rot for the rest of his contract

Only reason I think there's a shot at Mandzukic is the fact he's probably 5th choice in the forwards at Juve:

Higuain
Dybala
bernadeschi (wide forward)
Douglas Costa (wide forward)
Mario
Pjaca

But he's probably very comfy in Turin with occasional Champs League games and starting half the Série A matches.

There's no chance of getting Mandzukic.

He's a key player there. He plays wide and is really important to Allegri's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back