Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Paul Joyce's article :
'Yet while Koeman might be beginning to fret over efforts to recruit another forward as he endeavours to offset losing Romelu Lukaku’s guarantee of 25 goals (Olivier Giroud is a no. So, too, Edin Dzeko and also Christian Benteke and Jamie Vardy but for different reasons)'
Not sure exactly what 'different reasons' means but it looks like we are getting lower and lower down our list of targets..

'Yet while Koeman might be beginning to fret over efforts to recruit another forward as he endeavours to offset losing Romelu Lukaku’s guarantee of 25 goals (Olivier Giroud is a no. So, too, Edin Dzeko and also Christian Benteke and Jamie Vardy but for different reasons)'
Not sure exactly what 'different reasons' means but it looks like we are getting lower and lower down our list of targets..
It's almost like putting your @Eggs in the proverbial one basket until 2 weeks before the deadline could be conceived as a 'bad move'.

well I can imagine the reasons for racist rat Jamie Vardy. it doesn't take too much thinking about

You're probably right - though Bernardeschi and Costa are wide players which might leave him more expendable, or certainly leave Juve open to big money offer for a player with minimal sell-on value etc.

It's going to be Troy Deeney isn't it? :)
Agree with this mate and said so in an earlier post. They are both natural wide players too and high profile. Plus they have the two Argentines who are literally undroppable when fit. Juve tend to play with a front 3 and he's probably only going to be second choice back up for those positions. At his age and stage in his career, I would expect him to want to play more. I don't think Mandzukic is as key to Allegri's plans this season as @Bluetoff believes and wouldn't be surprised if he were moved on. Whether he would consider coming to us is a different matter. I suspect he would prefer a CL move but if we put enough dough in the table he may be persuaded. Reports have his salary anywhere between euros 4m/5.5m which is less than £100k pw at best. Surely we can match that for somebody of his proven calibre.

The only links of any substance have been Giroud and Kalinic, neither of whom will be joining us. There were unconfirmed reports last month that Slimani was under consideration. Personally I don't see a lot of point in speculating about players in whom the club has shown no interest, and we've often got little idea if they'd be available or if they were what they would cost.
What's the point in this thread then?. It would be practically empty.

It's all good fun mate. Much more enjoyable if you join in rather than sit on the sidelines tutting.;)

Costa would make no sense. Would pretty much wreck our season as he would either leave in Jan or be a moody tit from then on out.
Depends if he could get a replacement for him in January. Pelle might have had enough of China by then and Koeman knows him well.

Dembelle is looking more and more like the only option, unfortunately due to Celtic pretty much making CL group stages it is going to make that one difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back