Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never watched him but I like the idea of having a 6'6" striker getting on the end of everything.

EDIT:

Just noticed he's got a goal a game for Sporting. Impressive.

View attachment 39836
How come he has only 15 caps for Holland?. Maybe the 1 goal return has something to do with it.

Never seen him tbh but domestically his goals scored record is very impressive. No idea what his hold up play is like, but that goals video reminded me a bit of a 6'5" Jelavic. One touch goal. I think 35 of those 36 goals came with his first touch.

Looks like the sort of player who could get n the end of Siggy's crosses so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we went for him.

Llorente is back in training, surprised no one has mentioned him (that Ive seen), would do well if the price was right. Not sure Swansea would sell tho without him pushing for it

How come he has only 15 caps for Holland?. Maybe the 1 goal return has something to do with it.

Never seen him tbh but domestically his goals scored record is very impressive. No idea what his hold up play is like, but that goals video reminded me a bit of a 6'5" Jelavic. One touch goal. I think 35 of those 36 goals came with his first touch.

Looks like the sort of player who could get n the end of Siggy's crosses so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we went for him.
15 caps? That's only one less than Vardy

From Paul Joyce's article :
'Yet while Koeman might be beginning to fret over efforts to recruit another forward as he endeavours to offset losing Romelu Lukaku’s guarantee of 25 goals (Olivier Giroud is a no. So, too, Edin Dzeko and also Christian Benteke and Jamie Vardy but for different reasons)'
Not sure exactly what 'different reasons' means but it looks like we are getting lower and lower down our list of targets..

Dzeko - Roma won't sell him maybe and player is more than happy in Rome
Benteke - asking price would be stupidly high given they paid 3o'odd million less than ayear ago for him and since then the markets gone crazy
Vardy - doesn't fit the style of striker we seem to need/want

15 caps? That's only one less than Vardy
Jamie Vardy was nearly 28 before he made his premier league debut. Poor comparison mate. Unless you're saying that Das Bost is a late developer too.

Anyway I'm not slagging Das Bost off. I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him going on the little I've seen. But his lack of International games is a valid question mark over his quality.

Dzeko - Roma won't sell him maybe and player is more than happy in Rome
Benteke - asking price would be stupidly high given they paid 3o'odd million less than ayear ago for him and since then the markets gone crazy
Vardy - doesn't fit the style of striker we seem to need/want
I'm hoping the reason we haven't made any moves yet on a striker is down to us making sure we are buying the best we can - not settling for someone we'll want to see again in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back