Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't go within a county road mile of him.

Need proven in ability AND attitude,

Wouldn't shock me if we looked at teams who are looking at dropping out the CL by playoffs or EL the same way, those clubs are gonna see a big 10-40m whole appear in their projected finances this season.

Wagner at hoffenheim, the loser of the napoli vs nice game, possibly Ajax and a few other decent sides could be vulnerable to bids.

I have only seen Wagner play once and that was last Tues
I have to say he didn't impress , but then again the whole team performed badly

Think another striker will be our lot. Even though our net spend is competitively small its highly unusual for any club to approach the £200 million mark not named Madrid, PSG or City. If we signed a striker, centre back and left back we'd be entering unprecedented levels of spending for a club our size.

I love it when people get upset when their favourite players are criticised.

If there's even a 1% chance we can lure Costa here then we should go all out. He's world class and his overall game is a step up from Lukaku. He's got that fire in his belly [fire emoji].
We have probably asked been told it may be allowed but good luck convincing him as we can't get hold of the pillock.

If we could get him I would love it as he is clearly one of the best strikers in the division when he is interested. No idea whether he would be interested or not but he needs a stop gap until he can move back to Madrid so why not us. Main issue could be that he would want to go back in January and leaves us stuck halfway through a season if we did manage to get hold of him.

Can't see why any fan wouldn't want him, yes he is a bell on the pitch but he is a class striker and we need one.

I have only seen Wagner play once and that was last Tues
I have to say he didn't impress , but then again the whole team performed badly

Not this fella?

Wagner.jpg

Whenever I watch Williams go touch-tight on his attacker and gets rolled (roughly 73.5 times p/game) I cry a little inside. Surely there's someone out there better that's only even £10m. Hell, what's Jan Kirchhoff doing since he was released.

Pontus Jansson would be an awesome shout for under £20m.

I'm getting so bored of the Tierney shouts.
1) They wouldnt sell for 20m, they would see what other players are going for and want atleast 35m
2) He is the first player in ages that has come through who is proper Celtic mad, he loves it there and will be there for atleast another 2/3 seasons minimum if not more
3)He has already captained them at 20 years old, the fans would go nuts if he left
4)Qualifiying for champions league only strengthens these reasons, the lad will want to see through the campaign and play against the best for his boyhood club & celtic wont need the money as they have secured the group stages
Makes sense when you put it like that
I kinda knew it though
I can guarantee you it won't stop the Tierney shouts
Neither will the fact that Koeman has stated he wants older more experienced players

Players have no time to bed in at clubs like City. Make one mistake and the media crucify them. Look what happened to Bravo and he is a quality keeper.

Where is the centre-forward? Known for 6 months that Lukaku on his way, and the latest suggestion is Costa on loan? Surely there were plans in place to cover loss of Lukaku?

I would say there are plans in place and we are waiting to see if our first choice becomes available.
If not I'm sure the club has other options in mind.
I don't think it was ever Koemans intention to have Sandro DCL and Rooney as his only CF options

We have probably asked been told it may be allowed but good luck convincing him as we can't get hold of the pillock.

If we could get him I would love it as he is clearly one of the best strikers in the division when he is interested. No idea whether he would be interested or not but he needs a stop gap until he can move back to Madrid so why not us. Main issue could be that he would want to go back in January and leaves us stuck halfway through a season if we did manage to get hold of him.

Can't see why any fan wouldn't want him, yes he is a bell on the pitch but he is a class striker and we need one.
Loaning him until January wouldn't be that beneficial as it'll take him weeks to get to match fitness. A loan until the end of the season could work though.

Loaning him until January wouldn't be that beneficial as it'll take him weeks to get to match fitness. A loan until the end of the season could work though.

The statement he put out the other day was very clear, he'll only move to atletico meaning any other club that wants him could only have him until January. He looks like the type of idiot who's perfectly content to sit in Brazil twiddling his thumbs while waiting for this to happen.

I agree, I think whoever tries to loan him will probably be told by him/his agent he only wants it till January though so he can go back to Madrid. Not a lot of use to us if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back