Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

..I suspect you're right, but a few instances of him centrally with his back to goal make me think he has something about him. Everybody will shout at me now.

Mate we would be better served sticking 22m quid into a waste paper bin and setting it on fire, least that way we'd save on wages and get to play with 11 players every week rather than 10 and a south american version of niasse

Costa on a season long loan would certainly liven the season up a but - would never in a million years happen for a whole multitude of reasons though.

According to Joyce today, the four names he confirmed we had an interest in but won't happen worryingly are all 'premier proven' players. If we are limiting ourselves to that - only confirmed foreign based player was Kalanic - who knows the country and league from his Blackburn days as well. So that premise seems likely that our target will have to have played in England before as to minimise 'risk', then the list of available targets isn't exactly gonna fill us with confidence.

Didn't we used to get donavan for part of season whilst waiting for US season to start

Aye and just as he settled and the team started gelling with him, he buggered off back and we where left worse off than before he came basically.

A loan till January is basically as small time as you could get regardless of the player. It would suit the player who gets to stay fit, Chelsea who'd get a loan fee and his,wages covered and shut if a major distraction, and athletico who would get a player in January with match fitness.

Be a sign of absolute desperation by us really.

He plays on the right, though, just an FYI. He is fun to watch from afar, but man, he just seems like one of those skilled, dribbling machines that just puts their heads down and produces nothing with the ball. Wild passes, shots, poor awareness, etc. Talented, but not sure he's got the awareness or brains to help us. Would love to have another pacey wide player, though. No question.

Maybe a loan move would be good, see what he's like? He's got talent and he can play on both wings but I just think IF we do look to bring a wide player in then I'd rather the player be a left footer to give us some balance.

Costa on a season long loan would certainly liven the season up a but - would never in a million years happen for a whole multitude of reasons though.

According to Joyce today, the four names he confirmed we had an interest in but won't happen worryingly are all 'premier proven' players. If we are limiting ourselves to that - only confirmed foreign based player was Kalanic - who knows the country and league from his Blackburn days as well. So that premise seems likely that our target will have to have played in England before as to minimise 'risk', then the list of available targets isn't exactly gonna fill us with confidence.
Which 4 players did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back