Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Yank, who hates the Mexican NT, I admit that.

That being said, Raul Jimenez is trash. In our matchups he rarely shows up. I'd sign Vela, Lozana, Corona, Pulida, Gio and even Chicharito over him. I'd honestly prefer Altidore is a hold-up target role over him. He's not good.

(also please don't sign him because I'll have to wish for ACLs and other career ending injuries that do not force me to pick club or country)

Why ? We've signed one of the best keepers in the league, we've signed one of the best centrebacks, we've signed one of the best attacking midfielder in the league, we've signed roonaldo and we've signed the 2nd best (only to Kante) box to box midfielder in the league.

Why can't we sign one of the best forwards ?
Because he wants to go back to Spain.

That being said, Raul Jimenez is trash. In our matchups he rarely shows up. I'd sign Vela, Lozana, Corona, Pulida, Gio and even Chicharito over him. I'd honestly prefer Altidore is a hold-up target role over him. He's not good.

(also please don't sign him because I'll have to wish for ACLs and other career ending injuries that do not force me to pick club or country)

Is that you Donald?

I'm right there with you. At least when Nery Castillo got sold, the previous transfer record, I saw potential even though he flopped. Vela is good and Lozano could be really good.

What are the striking options?

Dzeko
Costa
Welbeck
Kalinich
Slimani
Vardy?
Deeney
Dembele
King
Benteke

Who else?? Who is best? I'd like to see Dzeko come in

We seem to have missed a trick vs some teams below us. Leicester got Iheanacho, West Ham signed Hernandez, Bournemouth got Defoe....

I'd go for

Dzeko
Vardy
Benteke

In that order

And I'd take josh king as a backup if possible

If he's the south american Niasse why are his club holding out for €50m exactly?

Sorry but you don't get that price tag if you don't have something about you.

Because no one actually bid for the lad mate, uness you honestly believe that a bloke whose regarded by the fans as woeful and who hardly plays for them is valued as what would be a Portuguese record transfer

They are just feeding out prices hoping some absolute mugs pay it from the prem.

He is utter dogturd

.....with the transfer window clock counting down, here's Saturday morning's rather sparse rumour round-up;

- The Express reports Diego Costa will not leave Chelsea for Everton. Sky punter, Charlie Nicholas, says Ronald Koeman wouldn't stand for the players antics and would end up fighting with him.

- Sports Witness suggest Everton are the only club to submit a bid for Benfica's Mexican striker, Raul Jiminez. The outlet says that offer was a very reasonable 25m Euro but Portugese publication, Record, reported Benfica already had a 45m Euro bid on the table. Sport Witness wonder if that was a ruse to squeeze more money out of the cash rich Toffees. The players representatives are still looking for a buyer.

- According to Calciomercato's Daniele Longo, the long running Nikola Kalinic transfer saga is about to reach it's conclusion. Everton are set to miss out on the striker as Fiorentina have finally accepted the latest bid from AC Milan.

.....with the transfer window clock counting down, here's Saturday morning's rather sparse rumour round-up;

- The Express reports Diego Costa will not leave Chelsea for Everton. Sky punter, Charlie Nicholas, says Ronald Koeman wouldn't stand for the players antics and would end up fighting with him.

- Sports Witness suggest Everton are the only club to submit a bid for Benfica's Mexican striker, Raul Jiminez. The outlet says that offer was a very reasonable 25m Euro but Portugese publication, Record, reported Benfica already had a 45m Euro bid on the table. Sport Witness wonder if that was a ruse to squeeze more money out of the cash rich Toffees. The players representatives are still looking for a buyer.

- According to Calciomercato's Daniele Longo, the long running Nikola Kalinic transfer saga is about to reach it's conclusion. Everton are set to miss out on the striker as Fiorentina have finally accepted the latest bid from AC Milan.

Blimey, that's a bit sparse and depressing too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back