Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, that's a bit sparse and depressing too

It's the weekend and the seasons started - the need for so much made up rumours is a lot less for a coupe of data as their filling that space with previews and reviews of the games mate, and then all those 5 things we learned from man United beating west ham 4-0 articles etc.

Does further highlight just how many rumours are exactly pulled from thin air though, they all disappear when there's something proper to write...

Not really mate, the footballing world is laughing their socks of at City over this one.

Citeh fans on the phone ins going ballistic.

A pairing of Stones and Evans in central defence, doesn't exactly inspire faith does it lol

Don't see why though, he's better in this league than any cb they currently have.

So are Keane, Sandro and Pickford

Agreed... especially keane same position ... superior player... younger... Pickford I didn't want us to sign and was real worried when we did for the amount we did... but I was dead wrong about him and he will be the worlds most expensive keeper if we ever sell him... he looks real quality even at this early stage you can tell he's going to the top.. like Rooney.. you can just see it in him

Not really mate, the footballing world is laughing their socks of at City over this one.

Citeh fans on the phone ins going ballistic.

A pairing of Stones and Evans in central defence, doesn't exactly inspire faith does it lol

Countihno 118m? Walker 50m neymar 200m ? Morata 60? 75m for the second best goal scorer in the prem and 23 years of age looks dead cheap now

Countihno 118m? Walker 50m neymar 200m ? Morata 60? 75m for the second best goal scorer in the prem and 23 years of age looks dead cheap now

Only the figure is almost certain to reach 90m with the addons mate, and a huge amount of the fee was paid up front which increases the value of the deal in reality.

Was it too cheap - only time will tell, similarly are all those others listed gonna prove to be too expensive - similarly only time will tell. Lukaku is 24 though - not 23, he's also been playing 30+ games every season now since the age of just after he turned 16 (with one season aside), so all the talk about him suddenly improving and ironing out flaws he has had are just talk IMO - you play 200+ games and your still making those same mistakes then you always will do.

Not a hint of bitterness when i say that i think after a initial period of hype and over the top praise at United he will struggle, and end up within 2 years being a scapegoat by the fans for all his flaws, and his on pitch attitude.

We tolerated all that because he was the first out and out goalscorer we've had in about 25 years, if you like we where almost 'too grateful' of his goals and put up with all sorts of put downs and half arsed displays, United and their fans are used to having top class strikers and ones who produce at the top level week in and week out, he replicates his time at here with them and with their manager then he will not last long.

I'd go for

Dzeko
Vardy
Benteke

In that order

And I'd take josh king as a backup if possible
I don't think Leicester or Palace will let Vardy or Benteke go. King isn't quite what we're looking for by the sounds of either.

Dzeko seems the most likely out of them imo but I'm sure he wouldn't come cheap.

Regarding a centre forward RK's choice is go for someone who could be a potential superstar - Dolberg / Dembele or a player who knows the league and will hit the ground running.

I think he will opt for the latter given that he has Sandro , Lookman and DCL as young inexperienced strikers.Of all those rumoured , if you take Giroud out of the list , I'd go for Dzeko.

How much would we pay for him at this stage of his career and would that be enough to tempt Roma - £30 million ?

Suspect we will end up with Slimani.

Agreed... especially keane same position ... superior player... younger... Pickford I didn't want us to sign and was real worried when we did for the amount we did... but I was dead wrong about him and he will be the worlds most expensive keeper if we ever sell him... he looks real quality even at this early stage you can tell he's going to the top.. like Rooney.. you can just see it in him

Keane will be a regular for us and the England side for the next 7-8 years, only worry is that the next United manager after Jose will come after him - with him being a United product/fan, but thats for the future to worry about.

Pickford i had great belief in - mainly due to the opinions of Sunderland fans i know and every single one of them said he was absolute top class, in his short time here, everything he does exudes top quality, most notable being pulling off top quality saves in games he has basically had nothing to do for 70 minutes (a sign of a very good keeper) and the yelling at Rooney the other night shows he has got balls and is gonna very quickly start commanding his defence like the top keepers all should do

Only the figure is almost certain to reach 90m with the addons mate, and a huge amount of the fee was paid up front which increases the value of the deal in reality.

Was it too cheap - only time will tell, similarly are all those others listed gonna prove to be too expensive - similarly only time will tell. Lukaku is 24 though - not 23, he's also been playing 30+ games every season now since the age of just after he turned 16 (with one season aside), so all the talk about him suddenly improving and ironing out flaws he has had are just talk IMO - you play 200+ games and your still making those same mistakes then you always will do.

Not a hint of bitterness when i say that i think after a initial period of hype and over the top praise at United he will struggle, and end up within 2 years being a scapegoat by the fans for all his flaws, and his on pitch attitude.

We tolerated all that because he was the first out and out goalscorer we've had in about 25 years, if you like we where almost 'too grateful' of his goals and put up with all sorts of put downs and half arsed displays, United and their fans are used to having top class strikers and ones who produce at the top level week in and week out, he replicates his time at here with them and with their manager then he will not last long.

Everything in context though, Wenger made an excellent point yesterday they got Lacazette for 50 millions, Kolasinac for free. Essentially it halved the price, as he got two very competent players for 50 mill, its an example of clever recruitment. It put the Martina deal in context for me.

On Rom, he went earlier in the window and if perhaps going now he would be more expensive, however we also made our signings earlier in the window on the back of the intended cash. If we look at WBA looking for 30 mill for Jonny Evans at 29, Keane at 25 milllooks a snip, Sandro at 5mill looks great business, Pickford for the longevity of his career at 30mill is brilliant, i think we certainly benefited hugely in terms of discount from getting the bulk of our business done in the early stages of the window before the market went bat poo crazy.

I have a feeling doing that enabled us to be able to go that bit further on the fee for Gylfi and hopefully a competent striker.

Regarding a centre forward RK's choice is go for someone who could be a potential superstar - Dolberg / Dembele or a player who knows the league and will hit the ground running.

I think he will opt for the latter given that he has Sandro , Lookman and DCL as young inexperienced strikers.Of all those rumoured , if you take Giroud out of the list , I'd go for Dzeko.

How much would we pay for him at this stage of his career and would that be enough to tempt Roma - £30 million ?

Suspect we will end up with Slimani.
I'd like us to try for Werner at Leipzig.
All action front man, young, scores goals, strong, German national team.
Would they sell? Would he come?
Not the mould of others mentioned but feel he would be effective in Prem with us

I'd like us to try for Werner at Leipzig.
All action front man, young, scores goals, strong, German national team.
Would they sell? Would he come?
Not the mould of others mentioned but feel he would be effective in Prem with us

Errm don't even bother with any Leipzig player, they've already shown its wasted time trying to buy from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back