Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy turned down arsenal last summer. Not sure he'd be as keen as you're implying.

Stayed loyal for a season to play CL ... like mahrez .. reckon you could get both of them to leave now tho... I reckon the owner might wasn't to sell... he's 30 so if they ever want a decent fee... now is the time

Stayed loyal for a season to play CL ... like mahrez .. reckon you could get both of them to leave now tho... I reckon the owner might wasn't to sell... he's 30 so if they ever want a decent fee... now is the time

Their owner is richer than ours, don't think £30m won't bother them.

Striker, winger and cb.

I think we need someone to replace Barry too. Someone who will be adequate to cover Gana and Schneiderlin. Davies for me is not a dm type player. Will defo sell McCarthy to fund part of the deal.

I don't think you need to pay 'silly money' to get a striker in.

Yes getting a morata or somebody like that would cost large sums of money, but Everton have already got a number of players with prem experience in this transfer window, Sig, Pickford, Keane, they all look like they'll be worth their fee.

Now's the time to go for a punt for the striker, and if he's successful he'll be worth much more. Look how Dortmund got Aubameyang, Dembele, or Monaco when they got James and Bakoyoko, Mbappe etc, there's decent quality for cheap, you just can't fill out your whole team with them in the prem.

Charlie Nicholas, says Ronald Koeman wouldn't stand for the players antics and would end up fighting with him.

Koeman v Costa v Big Dunc now i'd pay to watch that

Guess we will have a quiet few days then a name will drop.

Excited to see what we come up with, just praying Walsh doesn't use his brother to negotiate one of their dodgy English deals for some ale house striker like Deeney

Its a fantastic mixture mate, i like the value we got in the majority of our deals but then mitigating that with premium outlay because i firmly believe you pay for quality Gylfi is a perfect example. I have no problem paying a premium for other clubs catalysts or game changers and adding to our own.

A striker remains the only gaping hole, while i have my issues with selling Lukaku, i think you are right. I think Koeman came in and wasnt arsed about Lukaku or Barkley for that matter, but ever the pragmatist got the best he could out of both and then guillotined them. While my approach would have been to add to them due to our utter dependency on both last season which isn't healthy for the club, i can understand given boths individual contexts why he was/is prepared to cut his losses to evolve.

It would be such an undoing of all the good work done in recruitment this summer, if we cant that last piece, my concern isnt about intent or means but rather availability. I would dread a season of an amazing team making chances and no out and out hitman or focal point to consistently finish them.
I agree that's the issue mate. I'm absolutely convinced that the intent is there on our part. The fear, and it is a major one, is that the players we are after do not want to come here at this stage, or are not for sale by their clubs. The problem is we do need to bring somebody in. Rooney, Sandro and DCL are not enough for us to serious trouble the 6 teams above us. But I also don't want us to waste money bringing in somebody who doesn't really improve our options that much. It's a conundrum and I just hope the club find somebody before the window ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back