Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Emre Mor's ex-agent saying they did hold talks with Everton. Watching the City game I did think he was the type who could've created something when we were under the cosh.

It's a good indication that the club are working hard behind the scenes.

I have no doubt they are mate and expect the last say dramatics at finch farm nxt week ins and outs. But if the striker we get isn't from this league and doesn't cut it we are screwed for a X amount of goals anyway.

...probably regurgitated nonsense, but the Portugese outlet Record again reporting that we've had a £27.5m bid for Benfica striker, Raul Jimenez, rejected. Apparently the asking price is £46m.

..Emre Mor's ex-agent saying they did hold talks with Everton. Watching the City game I did think he was the type who could've created something when we were under the cosh.

It's a good indication that the club are working hard behind the scenes.

I'd hope we swerve Mor, the comments about a lad whose failed at Dortmund to make an impression about him really wanting to move this summer to Madrid or Barca striker me of an absolute weapon.

..a few pages back, it's reported Ajax have turned down a £45m bid from Monaco (I think).

Thing i saw said they where interested in taking Marital, Costa or Sanchez as well and had made enquiries about all 4 players, given that Costa 100% wouldn't go there, Martial has just moved all his family and friends to the Uk and thus is going absolutely nowhere now either and Sanchez wants about 300k per week and a top team challenging for the CL, i'm doubtful about any of those 4 links - seems like more likely the french press are trying to stop Monaco fans getting pissed off at all their best players being sold by linking them with massive names

Last edited:
...probably regurgitated nonsense, but the Portugese outlet Record again reporting that we've had a £27.5m bid for Benfica striker, Raul Jimenez, rejected. Apparently the asking price is £46m.

100% it will be mate, the bloke has been an absolute bust since coming to Europe, 27m itself would be an absolute highway robbery - he's worth about 10m (even in this over inflated market) as a punt for a bottom 5-6 team really

...I get the impression that the Record is a mouthpiece for Benfica. We might have bid for the player but apparently Benfica said they already had a £40m offer on the table which appears a ruse to get us to pay more.

I think our interest in the player - much like the links with various Italian players have all came from Walsh contacting a host of top European clubs and asking none specifically about which players they have available and are looking at cashing in on.

I am speculating we have zero interest in this lad and the Portuguese club have given us his name and then fed story after story to the press to try convince someone daft enough that he's worth paying anything for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back