Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimani is a perfect fit for us. We can't complain about age when he's younger than Giroud who everybody wants. Plus he can actually run unlike the others (Benteke, Giroud).

I'm using experience of how this boardroom operates.

Here's the spectrum it operates on:

Negative net spend------------break even-------------------small net spends.

And I will be hugely surprised if that is significantly extended further rightwards in the next few seasons.
To be fair I was a little negative a week ago in my postings in this thread and we currently sit plus 50 million spending give or take.

Can't argue with the current situation especially when the sig deal is clearly linked to the Ross deal (which lowers the cost ) but Ross seeks he isn't going anywhere this window

I love how Pickford is pressured a couple times and suddenly his kicking is an issue. Half our game plan was passing it back to him and him distributing from the back. The kid's distribution is insane.
We had a chance in on goal from his goal kick Monday did we not? Lewen controlled it with his head twice from the long kick.

I seem to recall a lengthy conversation a few months ago, in one of your Martinez admiration sessions, suggesting that Martinez had plucked Lukaku from the wilderness and moulded him into the greatest talent of this generation. At what point did that narrative change to him becoming an 'established' premier league striker?

The time for the narrative to change is when it suits davek's arguments.

Still you have to admire davek's tenacity in passing himself of as knowledgable.

Is this todays line of attack then?

Just checking.

It makes literally no sense. Dave's argument is that everything is still the same, we are sell to buy with no real investment. However, the fact we are buying players in their prime with very little sell on value is a complete contradiction of this. Most people would accept you can't have it both ways, but Dave just reckons the model is exactly the same and soon enough the money will run out and we won't have any family silver to sell.

Anyone without an agenda can see the club is vastly different from top to bottom in nearly every aspect of its business, but for some reason, which I can't quite put my finger on, Dave can't accept it....

It doesn't seem to matter how much we spend or who we bring in, this manager seems incapable of producing a team that can actually play the sort of football required to challenge for trophies. People d
It's a bit special in Newcastle -
Bigg-Market-Newcastle.jpg
We need a back four like that, no-one would ever score.

He wouldn't score 40 a season admittedly but I think the target man in koemans mind isn't going to. We have Rooney sandro lewen and klassen all to play off the target man. So one man holding the play off and we can have sandro and lewen alone who can use that to get in behind the defence and perhaps the pace comes into the attack. Perhaps we lack pace because we have no-one currently to serve that role

It doesn't seem to matter how much we spend or who we bring in, this manager seems incapable of producing a team that can actually play the sort of football required to challenge for trophies. People d

We need a back four like that, no-one would ever score.

I would have thought that these would be easy to score against

We had a chance in on goal from his goal kick Monday did we not? Lewen controlled it with his head twice from the long kick.
We did indeed. Goal kicks are night and day from last year, too.

It is AMAZING that several here questioned whether or not he'd be an improvement over Robles. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back