Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not 20, but I really think we need a proper goal threat - someone who you would back to get 15 goals at least.

Last years top 4 all scored (considerably) more and conceded less than we did. Just reducing the goals against column won't be enough to close that gap. Our games so far this season show why you need to be able to put games to bed. We've had hard 2nd legs in both European ties when we really should have been able to put them to bed after the 1st leg. After never really being worried by Stoke it took a top class save to maintain the 3 points, and we were pegged back by City because of one error.

Having a player who scores a lot scares teams, it wins you points before you even step on the pitch because they're worried about what might happen if they come and have a go. Just look at the comments on here from people about what would have happened if we'd dared to have the odd counter attack against a City side down to 10 men to see how mentality changes when you know a side has dangerous attacking players. It's also important to note that our defensive improvement hasn't been properly measured yet. We kept lots of clean sheets last year and looked generally good but could then get the absolute run around from better sides. We'll have to see whether we can avoid that this year. Some of our defending last night was pretty ropey if we're being honest.

Absolutely agree with this. We won't be able to make a true assessment of either our attack or defence until after the window closes and the team has time to gel. I think there are promising signs at the back, and we will be strengthened by Coleman's return but if we can get a really good striker in we would be a real threat.

Great result last night. Welcome to Everton Gylfi :cheers:.

We do still need a proven premier league CF but at the moment iam more concerned about cover for Leighton at LB.

He has started the season like a train, but Sunday will be his 3rd high profile game in 6 days and he is no spring chicken anymore.

I think we missed a trick when Robertson went to the RS for a bargain price.

I have mentioned elsewhere that Ben Davies at Spurs should be on our radar, maybe a deal involving Ross and cash could still be done.

Any other decent LB/CB's out there?

He's not even 28 yet FFS lol He is absolutely in his prime as a footballer.
Let's face it, you win nothing with kids

....Amkor Sport in Turkey say an offer of £1m for a season long loan has been made by Fenerbahce for Oumar Niasse.

After the messing around with yobo, would honestly not even bother dealing with Turkish clubs again.

Hopefully the Brighton interest is genuine and we can wave him off for a decent fee, and see him bang another winner against the rs before getting relegated again.

Great result last night. Welcome to Everton Gylfi :cheers:.

We do still need a proven premier league CF but at the moment iam more concerned about cover for Leighton at LB.

He has started the season like a train, but Sunday will be his 3rd high profile game in 6 days and he is no spring chicken anymore.

I think we missed a trick when Robertson went to the RS for a bargain price.

I have mentioned elsewhere that Ben Davies at Spurs should be on our radar, maybe a deal involving Ross and cash could still be done.

Any other decent LB/CB's out there?

many many times we got the ball, looked into the box and saw no presence so passed back instead of whipping it in. This is something which will change when we get a target man. Bit dissapointed we haven't seen more runs from midfield into the box this season tbh.

Left back should be a Walsh "gem" like this Mein Kempf at Freiberg or whatever lol

The striker needs to be quality, someone proven, a physical presence and in their prime... at this stage we will have to overspend.

I'd throw £60m at Martial or Icardi or £40-45m at Benteke.

"we'll go with what we've got" is not the Moshiri way surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back