Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
None. We're 8th....and probably lower than that end of this weekend.

Again I say: we need goals. More goals.
So we're 8th after... 2 league games.

Good, talk again after another 36.

We do need goals and another striker, so that DCL is second string for a while, and I wouldn't even mind if it's a journeyman type for a year or two tops, but let's not paint it as if we're fighting relegation yeah?

hahahaha I hope your on a wind up, he had a good game at city like but kinell mate it's not like he's smashed 7 goals in and been a world beater.

we 100% need a striker and they SHOULD be working on getting one in urgently
I know but he has been a revelation as last season for the most part he looked like Bambi on ice and I actually like the guy.

Incidentally the 24 goals works both ways. Scoring 12 less but conceding 12 less would do it.
Not as simple as that though. Lukaku is a massive loss, but as already pointed out, a significant number of his goals came against weak sides when the points were already in the bag. Losing a couple of his goals against Hull last season would have made no difference to us at all, keeping one out when you're 1-0 up is much more valuable.

This is my fear.
They are working down the list.
My fear is that the international break will mess things up
8 international games on thurs evening , if any of our targets are playing its awkward.
Plus some international managers don't want agents and transfers getting in the way of their plans.
Wenger seems to be happy Sanchez is going to Chile
Makes it harder to get deals done with the player thousands of miles away difficult but not impossible

Not as simple as that though. Lukaku is a massive loss, but as already pointed out, a significant number of his goals came against weak sides when the points were already in the bag. Losing a couple of his goals against Hull last season would have made no difference to us at all, keeping one out when you're 1-0 up is much more valuable.
See this is where I disagree. Losing his goals would have made an enormous difference, in my opinion much much bigger than most people seem to realise.

If you're playing three games a week like we will be doing, do you think it is better to have won the first one 4-0 and been able to take a few players off and take your foot off the gas for half an hour, or to have to keep battling and working hard for every second of the 90 minutes to preserve a 1-0 lead? I know which one I'd prefer.

we cannot finish scoring less goals than last year

We can if we concede less.

You could win the league with 30 goals if you managed them in 30 1-0 wins.

Scoring 4 in a 5-4 defeat counts for nothing.

We're better equipped to win games now than we were last season, even if we don't land a striker.

Obviously I hope we do.

COYB!!!!

no-one on here actually knows what bids have been made for which striker. The club/player we are interested in may not yet even be available, until a whole load of other activity happens. I'd suggest we wait until the window is over before leaping to any conclusion.

Would, of course, have been better to get the targets early, but we all know it is never that easy - it took about 6 weeks to get Gylfi, all played out in public. Maybe other stuff is being done less publicly - I'd like to think so.

We can if we concede less.

You could win the league with 30 goals if you managed them in 30 1-0 wins.

Scoring 4 in a 5-4 defeat counts for nothing.

We're better equipped to win games now than we were last season, even if we don't land a striker.

Obviously I hope we do.

COYB!!!!

Losing your main scorer is a problem , we need a striker who will give a min 15 goals

Back this up with alternatives; Sandro, Rooney, DCL to top up goal tally will be fine but without a direct replacement for Lukaku we are really exposed to injuries, loss of form and games fixtures.

DCL and Sandro ae learning their trades and bedding into new league

We need to spend big to ensure all the good work securing Keane, Pickford and Sig is not wasted and the push on the top 6 falters

Sorry. Off topic but no Chelsea match thread yet. Danny Higginbottom just tipped us for an away win on Sunday. Liking this lad more by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back