Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Everton in the opening weeks of this season it is obvious that a striker is required. Next to no attacking threat at City against 10 men, and up until that wonder-strike could have got beaten by Split. I cannot understand why a striker was not lined up to replace Lukaku. I saw some comments to say that Giroud was that man and that fell through, well what about the options? You don't just rely on one man surely.

As it stands Everton are far weaker than last season.

You do know that Ronald Koeman has said he wants a striker before the window closes
He has told the board this and they have informed Steve Walsh our Director of Football that Mr Koeman wants a shiny new striker
Mr Walsh the board and Mr Koeman are now all working towards fulfilling the common goal of obtaining the said striker.
Everton have got this , I assure you

Watching Everton in the opening weeks of this season it is obvious that a striker is required. Next to no attacking threat at City against 10 men, and up until that wonder-strike could have got beaten by Split. I cannot understand why a striker was not lined up to replace Lukaku. I saw some comments to say that Giroud was that man and that fell through, well what about the options? You don't just rely on one man surely.

As it stands Everton are far weaker than last season

Totally disagree.

We are different yes, but weaker? Not for me.

Lost Lukaku - brought in Rooney, Sandro and Gylfi as new goal threats. One of them has 2 in 2 league games, the other scored on his full debut last night and one has been out injured so only played 1 full league game.

As a footballer Rooney is a league above Lukaku in talent, skill, technique and know how. Lukaku is a better finisher, it ends there.

Not disagreeing we need another striker, just don't think we are weaker by getting rid of our only real goal threat and replacing him with 3 that could get his goals between them and improve us in other areas of the pitch.

We are stronger at the back with Pickford and Keane and have some depth in the squad finally.

Why ??
By all accounts he failed miserably in Germany
Unless the reasons are homesickness related I'd stay well clear.
German leagues are well suited to young players and if he flopped there you would have to ask yourself why.
Did well at Forest but is he capable of taking the next step ???

He didn't fail miserably at Leipzig; he was actually good when he played. He was just not playing as well as Sabitzer and had was behind tactically (the manager said this). Has all the raw materials to be a superstar. Tall, strong as an ox and absolutely lightning. Will be completely stunted at West Brom mind.

Everton smashing people for fun

giphy.gif

He didn't fail miserably at Leipzig; he was actually good when he played. He was just not playing as well as Sabitzer and had was behind tactically (the manager said this). Has all the raw materials to be a superstar. Tall, strong as an ox and absolutely lightning. Will be completely stunted at West Brom mind.
I be never seen him play at Leipzig so I can only go on media reports and they were less than glowing.
I do remember he was highly rated before he left.
Can we afford the 15 m or so for a squad player at best or maybe U23 s for a year

Everyone knows we are now a superior team capable of crushing anything in front of us, the tens of thousands of blues who follow us everywhere have that instinct back.

We are like that start of a hurricane, gathering momentum, but still vicious. Once our beautiful players click and gel, then we will be full force cat 5 hurricane, tearing through all. Hurricane Ronk it shall be named
Hurricane Ronk needs to whip up a diet for himself.

Is he the most portly manager we've ever had?

Probably.

I be never seen him play at Leipzig so I can only go on media reports and they were less than glowing.
I do remember he was highly rated before he left.
Can we afford the 15 m or so for a squad player at best or maybe U23 s for a year

Irrelevant whether we could pay or not since he's not available but point remains he'll turn out very good. Can vault me to the heavens on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back