Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they flogged Klaassen at 24m and sanchez at 35m. They would be looking around the 60m mark for Dolberg i reckon.

We got absolutely rinsed for Lukaku, if we held off till now we would be looking at 150m i reckon
We didnt get rinsed. At the time he was the second most expensive tfr of all time (and thats exc the £10m paid to buy out Rooneys contract) and is still the third highest. How have we beem rinsed.

We didnt get rinsed. At the time he was the second most expensive tfr of all time (and thats exc the £10m paid to buy out Rooneys contract) and is still the third highest. How have we beem rinsed.

Exactly
Watch Rom being benched for all the big league games and CL games after xmas once Zlatan is back.
Rom is a goalscorer and he will score plenty for united , but that's all he has
In the big games against the big sides he will be found wanting and Zlatan will play.
We got a very good fee for Rom Ann things considered
75 m up front
15 m add ons
Rooney for free ( worth 10/15 m of anybody's money )
50% of Rooneys wages paid upfront to him to allow us to sign him within our wage structure 12/15 m
So possibly 110/120 m
Just the way it was structured was odd

Lol.

Not from what I've seen so far. We still have the pop gun attack I predicted, unfortunately.

If that's resolved satisfactorily then who knows.

Everyone knows we are now a superior team capable of crushing anything in front of us, the tens of thousands of blues who follow us everywhere have that instinct back.

We are like that start of a hurricane, gathering momentum, but still vicious. Once our beautiful players click and gel, then we will be full force cat 5 hurricane, tearing through all. Hurricane Ronk it shall be named

Burke to West Brom will turn out to be a bargain at £15m. Would have been all over that myself.
Why ??
By all accounts he failed miserably in Germany
Unless the reasons are homesickness related I'd stay well clear.
German leagues are well suited to young players and if he flopped there you would have to ask yourself why.
Did well at Forest but is he capable of taking the next step ???

Watching Everton in the opening weeks of this season it is obvious that a striker is required. Next to no attacking threat at City against 10 men, and up until that wonder-strike could have got beaten by Split. I cannot understand why a striker was not lined up to replace Lukaku. I saw some comments to say that Giroud was that man and that fell through, well what about the options? You don't just rely on one man surely.

As it stands Everton are far weaker than last season.

Watching Everton in the opening weeks of this season it is obvious that a striker is required. Next to no attacking threat at City against 10 men, and up until that wonder-strike could have got beaten by Split. I cannot understand why a striker was not lined up to replace Lukaku. I saw some comments to say that Giroud was that man and that fell through, well what about the options? You don't just rely on one man surely.

Far weaker? No. In need of a striker to enable us to kick on? Yes.

We're 24 goals weaker. Replace that and were not.

Everyone knows we are now a superior team capable of crushing anything in front of us, the tens of thousands of blues who follow us everywhere have that instinct back.

We are like that start of a hurricane, gathering momentum, but still vicious. Once our beautiful players click and gel, then we will be full force cat 5 hurricane, tearing through all. Hurricane Ronk it shall be named

upload_2017-8-25_10-5-5.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back