Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Everton in the opening weeks of this season it is obvious that a striker is required. Next to no attacking threat at City against 10 men, and up until that wonder-strike could have got beaten by Split. I cannot understand why a striker was not lined up to replace Lukaku. I saw some comments to say that Giroud was that man and that fell through, well what about the options? You don't just rely on one man surely.

As it stands Everton are far weaker than last season.

If you rewatch the game you can see Koeman encouraging the team to slow down and keep possession.
We came out fast 2nd half, scored instantly with a wonder strike that ultimately killed the game.
I was as critical as any regarding the 1st half as we appeared to be trying to play out a 0-0. The reaction at the start of the 2nd half showed we could up a gear. We are in the midst of a fixture log that includes the most difficult games of the season.
With a trip to the Champions at the weekend it was important to be efficient last night and conserve energy for a very tough fixture in less than 3 days time.

Played about 500 games for Barcelona like. If he wants an extra bit of pizza, I think he's allowed.
Oh I dont begrudge him it. Just thinking of his health is all. Just sayin' he could do with a few less pizzas and a few more rounds of golf. Seems strange to see an Everton manager as big boned.

None. We're 8th....and probably lower than that end of this weekend.

Again I say: we need goals. More goals.
Yes we're 8th Dave
And Huddersfield and West Brom are top 4
Stop the league now and tell EUFA that we have positions filled for the 18/19 CL
That's a real sign of desperation Dave , quoting the league table after 2 games
Even the boxroom dwellers don't do that.
I wouldn't even consider the PL table after six games given our run of fixtures.
Who else plays 4 out of the top 6 in their first 6 games ??

If you rewatch the game you can see Koeman encouraging the team to slow down and keep possession.
We came out fast 2nd half, scored instantly with a wonder strike that ultimately killed the game.
I was as critical as any regarding the 1st half as we appeared to be trying to play out a 0-0. The reaction at the start of the 2nd half showed we could up a gear. We are in the midst of a fixture log that includes the most difficult games of the season.
With a trip to the Champions at the weekend it was important to be efficient last night and conserve energy for a very tough fixture in less than 3 days time.

You are making the simple error of letting perfectly sound logic and common sense get in the way of an unnecessary fume. A perfectly decent away result, even a 0-1 loss would have been acceptable, as the whole point was to get through to the next stage. Any other comment seems somewhat churlish. Under Koeman, Everton will do just enough in any game to achieve the outcome desired. It won't always work, but that will be the modus operandi. He did this as a player and so far as a manager.

Burke to West Brom will turn out to be a bargain at £15m. Would have been all over that myself.
Is he any good?. Not seen him mentioned much re the National team. Maybe Mikey can answer that. Did he get much game time at RBL?. Only went there last year didnt he.

Oh I dont begrudge him it. Just thinking of his health is all. Just sayin' he could do with a few less pizzas and a few more rounds of golf. Seems strange to see an Everton manager as big boned.
That's why he bought Siggy
Rooney has other more earthier pursuits to pursue in the afternoons
Siggy is quite a good golfer by all accounts.
Watch the weight fall off Ronnie now
Still think we are in for Oliver
Sanchez going nowhere
Oliver 6 th choice
World Cup year,
computer says no
Granted he's Arsenals only option to change the style of play from the bench but it's funny how he's happy to warm the bench.
Ah well if warming the bench is good enough for Rom it's good enough for Ollie

E
We sold Lukaku 4/5 months ago
All the relevant parties kept it quiet though

If true....absolute clanger by the club of a replacement is not lined up

Looking like Giroud was main target but really amateurish if no plan B or C in place.

Ok replacing Lukaku goals around the team bur we cannot finish scoring g less goals than last year

Even now with injuries and the games fixtures we look weak in some areas

E

Looking like Giroud was main target but really amateurish if no plan B or C in place.

Ok replacing Lukaku goals around the team bur we cannot finish scoring g less goals than last year

This is my fear.

Well how many do you think we'll draw or lose in the season if that's the average of our scores per game? We need a top striker in.

I don't think we will lose many at all, given your logic, Dave. In 6 games we have only conceded 2 goals, so if we play 60 games this season, which would be a good amount we will only concede 20 goals in all competitions! Surely we can all see by now that not conceding many goals at all is how it's going to be after just 6 games?

E

Or alternatively DCL has been so good so far that they aren't looking as hard for one now the Giroud deal won't happen. Bit risky but not impossible seeing as he knows he has Rooney, Sandro and even Mirallas or Lookman who could play up there.

Or alternatively DCL has been so good so far that they aren't looking as hard for one now the Giroud deal won't happen. Bit risky but not impossible seeing as he knows he has Rooney, Sandro and even Mirallas or Lookman who could play up there.

hahahaha I hope your on a wind up, he had a good game at city like but kinell mate it's not like he's smashed 7 goals in and been a world beater.

we 100% need a striker and they SHOULD be working on getting one in urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back