Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Arse supporting mate reckons he's crap, not sure myself.

hidden messages AOTS!

Nah, he's great imo, not really been at it last couple of years, but he's been very bit part. He can play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker and i'd love us to sign him, but i am a tad worried that the injuries may be catching up on him. Why are arsenal stockpiled with fairly talented players who are massively injury prone. Ox, ramsey, walcott and welbeck are all in exactly the same boat, same positions as well.

How much can we generate from permanently shifting the deadwood?

• Niasse. If Hull stay up they have an option (apparently) to buy him for £13m? I am struggling to believe this. I would happily take £5m+ on this clown.
  • Cleverley. If Watford stay up, which they will, they have option to buy for £8m. Please let this happen
  • McGeady - is he out of contract? Think he might have another year? Any monetary return on this clown would be amazing. £1m+
  • McCarthy - I rate him but can't see him staying. I think we could get £20m for him. (we turned down £16m in January from Newcastle).
  • Deulofeu - reports are that Milan want him. I think we could get £15-20m for him. I don't want him to go but RK clearly doesn't rate him.
  • Lennon - never going to be good enough. A low-level EPL club will take him and we will get our money back - £5m
  • Mirallas - I think this is the summer he leaves. £10m+

£60m plus in incomings sounds great!

Add into this one of Stek or Robles, Kone finally leaving out of contract and we will have shifted almost all of the deadwood - it will leave our squad pretty bare so we will need 7-8 incomings, particularly with Europe (hopefully).

How much can we generate from permanently shifting the deadwood?

• Niasse. If Hull stay up they have an option (apparently) to buy him for £13m? I am struggling to believe this. I would happily take £5m+ on this clown.
  • Cleverley. If Watford stay up, which they will, they have option to buy for £8m. Please let this happen
  • McGeady - is he out of contract? Think he might have another year? Any monetary return on this clown would be amazing. £1m+
  • McCarthy - I rate him but can't see him staying. I think we could get £20m for him. (we turned down £16m in January from Newcastle).
  • Deulofeu - reports are that Milan want him. I think we could get £15-20m for him. I don't want him to go but RK clearly doesn't rate him.
  • Lennon - never going to be good enough. A low-level EPL club will take him and we will get our money back - £5m
  • Mirallas - I think this is the summer he leaves. £10m+

£60m plus in incomings sounds great!

Add into this one of Stek or Robles, Kone finally leaving out of contract and we will have shifted almost all of the deadwood - it will leave our squad pretty bare so we will need 7-8 incomings, particularly with Europe (hopefully).
You're seriously deluded if you think we'd get anywhere near 60m for Niasse, Cleverley, McGeady, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lennon and Mirallas.

More like 3m Niasse, 8m Cleverley, free McGeady, McCarthy staying, Deulofeu 10m, Lennon 3m, Mirallas 7m.

30m give or take.

I'm not a big fan of the Ox. If we play 433 I'm not sure it would work with him and Ross as 2 of the 3 midfielders. And he doesn't score enough goals to play in one of the front 3.

And the same in a wing back system. I would rather take a gamble on Tielemans or Klasssen, who apparently we have been looking at.

You're seriously deluded if you think we'd get anywhere near 60m for Niasse, Cleverley, McGeady, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lennon and Mirallas.

More like 3m Niasse, 8m Cleverley, free McGeady, McCarthy staying, Deulofeu 10m, Lennon 3m, Mirallas 7m.

30m give or take.
He did say 20 for McCarthy, which would take your figures up to £50mil

I think there is a good chance Mori will be sold to

Oxlaide is a waste of time. We have absolutely no need for injury prone players. They could have the talent of Ronaldo but if they are constantly injured they are worth zilch.

30m give or take.

Well so you're saying £31m plus the £20m if McCarthy = £51m on your lower scale then?

Would like Keane, Oxlade-Chamberlain and a top goalkeeper as our major three signings. All straight into the starting eleven!

What price would we be looking at? 15m, 20m, 15?`Should be doable with all of our outgoings plus investment, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back