Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

We had that a few seasons back - home and away. It lasted a season. Then the cowards in the team went back behind their couches when the Goodison Faithful started booing a few times when they couldn't break a defence down and they didn't have the backbone to keep that criticism at bay.

The problem is mate, for all the good Martinez did in that first season (and there was lots of good) it didn't lead to a massive shift in our performances away to the top 4.

We beat a United side who had thrown Moyes under the bus. We then lost to Chelsea, City and get annihilated at Liverpool. We also lost in the cup to Arsenal. I can't recall the Spurs away match but suspect we lost that one too.

5 defeats in 6 did not do that side and the performance that season justice. That's kind of my point. At times that season we played better football than anyone. We were unstoppable. However we still hit a mental block away at top teams.

I think that's what had to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back