Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No argument there, but can you see that the mindset from a 3-2 defeat, particularly on the back of a series of very good results is far more positive than a battering score-wise?
Spurs are a stronger squad than ours atm. That's just a fact. I think there was an element of damage limitation in the selection and perhaps it worked to a point.

I would be very suprised if he put out a team to limit the damage. Spurs are a decent side but no world beaters. They have a better defense than us but otherwise there is not a hugh dufference in first 11. Putting barry in there was a blow as we sit back and lose the pressing game that has put us on such a good run. His formation was wrong and we suffered because if that. It gave a decent spurs team a chance ro string passes together. When mccarthy came on that changed a bit. If barry starts against the melts we will lose yet again at analfield.

Possibly it does work that way with many players.

My overall point though is that we set up for the draw and still got a chasing. Better to have gone for it and really measure yourself against these teams. I dont think we put our best foot forward on Sunday and if I were a player in that team I'd feel frustrated that we as a team hadn't had the chance to go for it and show Spurs what we had.

The manager obvioulsy doesn't believe in his own work thus far with these players else he'd have taken the leash off and gone for it toe to toe.

Heard a lot of lads saying the RS beat Spurs because Spurs supposedly bottled it, I think it was more a case of the RS going for it and having the belief that they would beat them, like they do against any of the top sides.

Heard a lot of lads saying the RS beat Spurs because Spurs supposedly bottled it, I think it was more a case of the RS going for it and having the belief that they would beat them, like they do against any of the top sides.
Spurs to me are a club that have low self confidence - certainly out of the established 'elite' clubs anyway. You can get at them and dominate them.

I would be very suprised if he put out a team to limit the damage. Spurs are a decent side but no world beaters. They have a better defense than us but otherwise there is not a hugh dufference in first 11. Putting barry in there was a blow as we sit back and lose the pressing game that has put us on such a good run. His formation was wrong and we suffered because if that. It gave a decent spurs team a chance ro string passes together. When mccarthy came on that changed a bit. If barry starts against the melts we will lose yet again at analfield.

Spurs are better than us all over the pitch. Goalkeeper, centre backs, Dembele & wanyama are probably the best midfield 2 in the leage apart from Kante and Matic, then a front 3 of Eriksson, Alli & Kane

....I'm sure it was a team set up to nullify Spurs strength in their top third but it backfired. Barry was off the pace and his inclusion unbalanced the Schneiderlin/Gueye axis that has been working so well. I wouldn't use Sunday's game as a true comparison of the teams. Whilst Spurs are superior, we got it wrong tactically and it's better putting a line through the game.
Totally agree with this.

I find some of the Spurs love-in quite baffling to be honest. They were a better side than us on sunday, no doubt, but they beat us 3-2 not 5-0. I'd say for about 30 minutes in the middle they were much better than us, but either side of that there wasn't an awful lot in it. That's on a day where we really just didn't show up at all.

Spurs to me are a club that have low self confidence - certainly out of the established 'elite' clubs anyway. You can get at them and dominate them.
I'd probably agree with you away from home as their record away to top teams are poor, however they're a different proposition at home as evidenced by them dominating chelsea a month or so back

I'd probably agree with you away from home as their record away to top teams are poor, however they're a different proposition at home as evidenced by them dominating chelsea a month or so back
Even Leicester went there and got a point though, and Boro should have quite recently. Nothing to be scared of.

I think Chelsea-geddon was still in Koemans mind, tbh. He came in for a lot of stick after that and I reckon he wanted to avoid a repeat of that given the decent enough past two months he's had.

Nope they beat spurs because spurs did exactly what dave suggested we should have done and 'gone for it'.

Spurs went to the pit and totally disregarded everythign about the rs and went and played there natural game and got absolutely hammered because of that, same with Arsenal the other day, spurs should have copied the blueprint of the increasing list of teams whove used the exact same formulae to beat liverpool mate

The problem is though, that definition sums us up perfectly too. Spurs inferiority complex doesn't extend as far as us though.

Let's be frank here, if there's one task Koeman (and any Future Everton manager will have) it will be ridding us of the inferiority we play with away from home.

At home they dont have low self confidence mate

4-0 stoke, 4-0 west brom, 5-0 swansea, 2-0 city, 2-0 chelsea

away from home maybe yeah they can be rattled, but so far this season at there place they hav ebeen absolutely dominant - evidenced by them ending chelseas winning streak and absolutely battering them - maybe conte got it wrong though and should have exploited spurs low self confidence in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back