Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Steve Walsh was at Craven Cottage on Saturday to watch Sessegnon. Looks a great prospect, starring in the Championship at 16. Would probably cost a bit more than Lookman though.

Apparently Steve Walsh was at Craven Cottage on Saturday to watch Sessegnon. Looks a great prospect, starring in the Championship at 16. Would probably cost a bit more than Lookman though.

Then 100% swerve.

Not good enough for where we want to be.

Hasnt he only played a dozen or so games? Bit early to for him I reckon

Whereas Arsenal played OK last night, but got a tonking.
We lost by a goal. The way it's reported is different. The way players and fans think about it afterwards is different.
If our players are honest they know it was men against boys versus Spurs on Sunday. 3-2 flattered Everton.

If our players are honest they know it was men against boys versus Spurs on Sunday. 3-2 flattered Everton.
No argument there, but can you see that the mindset from a 3-2 defeat, particularly on the back of a series of very good results is far more positive than a battering score-wise?
Spurs are a stronger squad than ours atm. That's just a fact. I think there was an element of damage limitation in the selection and perhaps it worked to a point.

No argument there, but can you see that the mindset from a 3-2 defeat, particularly on the back of a series of very good results is far more positive than a battering score-wise?
Spurs are a stronger squad than ours atm. That's just a fact. I think there was an element of damage limitation in the selection and perhaps it worked to a point.

....I'm sure it was a team set up to nullify Spurs strength in their top third but it backfired. Barry was off the pace and his inclusion unbalanced the Schneiderlin/Gueye axis that has been working so well. I wouldn't use Sunday's game as a true comparison of the teams. Whilst Spurs are superior, we got it wrong tactically and it's better putting a line through the game.

Possibly it does work that way with many players.

My overall point though is that we set up for the draw and still got a chasing. Better to have gone for it and really measure yourself against these teams. I dont think we put our best foot forward on Sunday and if I were a player in that team I'd feel frustrated that we as a team hadn't had the chance to go for it and show Spurs what we had.

The manager obvioulsy doesn't believe in his own work thus far with these players else he'd have taken the leash off and gone for it toe to toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back