Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope they beat spurs because spurs did exactly what dave suggested we should have done and 'gone for it'.

Spurs went to the pit and totally disregarded everythign about the rs and went and played there natural game and got absolutely hammered because of that, same with Arsenal the other day, spurs should have copied the blueprint of the increasing list of teams whove used the exact same formulae to beat liverpool mate

Helped as well that Spurs were missing Vertonghen and Rose so played a system they've barely used recently meaning most of their backline was out of position. Lloris also had a clinger and Son missed a one on one. Arsenal have played them twice this season without Ozil and Sanchez playing either. Both sides actually played ok at Anfieldafter the initial shock but were already 2 down.

Helped as well that Spurs were missing Vertonghen and Rose so played a system they've barely used recently meaning most of their backline was out of position. Lloris also had a clinger and Son missed a one on one. Arsenal have played them twice this season without Ozil and Sanchez playing either. Both sides actually played ok at Anfieldafter the initial shock but were already 2 down.

Yup, klopp has his team set up to disrupt the 'better teams', he basically said as much early on in an interview after taking over, about dragging the better teams to there level, and it works for them, sadly though lol they havent figured out a way of avoiding the exact same thing happening to themsleves from teasm who set out to let them have the ball

Nope they beat spurs because spurs did exactly what dave suggested we should have done and 'gone for it'.

Spurs went to the pit and totally disregarded everythign about the rs and went and played there natural game and got absolutely hammered because of that, same with Arsenal the other day, spurs should have copied the blueprint of the increasing list of teams whove used the exact same formulae to beat liverpool mate

That's the point I was making mate, the RS beat Spurs because they went for it, we went with a negative set - up and our game plan was not to get beat, we allowed Spurs too much space and time on the ball, exactly like what we did against Chelsea when they tonked us.

Koeman has to take a bit more of a risk when we play the top teams.

That's the point I was making mate, the RS beat Spurs because they went for it, we went with a negative set - up and our game plan was not to get beat, we allowed Spurs too much space and time on the ball, exactly like what we did against Chelsea when they tonked us.

Koeman has to take a bit more of a risk when we play the top teams.
City went for it against Spurs and lost. I'd have liked to see us start with Kev, Lookman, or even Valencia, but there's no way to know if it would have helped. Spurs were all over us from the off.

City went for it against Spurs and lost. I'd have liked to see us start with Kev, Lookman, or even Valencia, but there's no way to know if it would have helped. Spurs were all over us from the off.

Think the problem was mate we made it too easy for Spurs from the off by sitting back. Lukaku was isolated, there was no movement so we ended up just playing it short or just lobbing it forward to no one, we had no width which allowed the Spurs full backs too much space to bomb forward, the amount of space Spurs were getting in our final third was ridiculous.

Agree that we should have started with Mirallas, Lookman. When Mirallas came on Lukaku looked more of a threat, Spurs actually looked a bit edgy.

The problem is though, that definition sums us up perfectly too. Spurs inferiority complex doesn't extend as far as us though.

Let's be frank here, if there's one task Koeman (and any Future Everton manager will have) it will be ridding us of the inferiority we play with away from home.
We had that a few seasons back - home and away. It lasted a season. Then the cowards in the team went back behind their couches when the Goodison Faithful started booing a few times when they couldn't break a defence down and they didn't have the backbone to keep that criticism at bay.

We had that a few seasons back - home and away. It lasted a season. Then the cowards in the team went back behind their couches when the Goodison Faithful started booing a few times when they couldn't break a defence down and they didn't have the backbone to keep that criticism at bay.

With a Moyes team, now Koeman has to do it as well, give him time and the addition of a few more class players like Morgan Schneiderlin and im sure he will!

With a Moyes team, now Koeman has to do it as well, give him time and the addition of a few more class players like Morgan Schneiderlin and im sure he will!

With a Moyes team? I think it's fair to say McCarthy, Barry, Deulofeu and Lukaku lead the way in terms of not giving a shiny one about who and where we were playing that season. None signed by the knife to a gunfight dullard.

I was surprised lukaku never went over to the left. And attacked dier, who is the weakest link in their defence

Possibly it does work that way with many players.

My overall point though is that we set up for the draw and still got a chasing. Better to have gone for it and really measure yourself against these teams. I dont think we put our best foot forward on Sunday and if I were a player in that team I'd feel frustrated that we as a team hadn't had the chance to go for it and show Spurs what we had.

The manager obvioulsy doesn't believe in his own work thus far with these players else he'd have taken the leash off and gone for it toe to toe.

Wait till Besic comes back and we play 6 defensive mids all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back