Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m for Gylfi he's exactly the kind of playmaker we need. Doubt Swansea would sell though because him and Llorente have dragged them out of the relegation zone.

30m for Gylfi he's exactly the kind of playmaker we need. Doubt Swansea would sell though because him and Llorente have dragged them out of the relegation zone.
I've actually between thinking about this one for a while. Bear with me for a second. I think it helps our chances of getting him if they stay up (and I also think Swansea will sell).

If they go down so does his price tag. Then the teams above us might be more likely to spend some of their budgets on him. If they stay up his price tag makes him a marquee signing and puts him just within our reach but out of theirs for financial reasons.

I also think most of the sides above us will reinforce their defenses except Tottenham, and maybe Chelsea because that's where I see they're all weak.

Lucas Perez, Victor Janssen, Moussa Sissoko...
Hopefully the targets this summer are a better standard and more importantly, we actually get them.

He is a fantastic player with top class end product but he isn't a playmaker he averages 27 touches per 90 minutes.

A playmaker is the fulcrum of a side the player who makes you tick. He isn't that player however I'd still love him as he is fantastic at set pieces & also chips in with a few goals & assists from open play.

Personally I wish we would for once go all out for a top player like Lacazette, get him in for £50 million and him and Rom would fire us into the top 4. Add in a solid CB in to partner Williams, an attacking LB to compliment Coleman and an upgrade on Robles between the sticks.

Lacazette: £50 million
Keane: £20 million
Heaton: £15 million
Rodriguez: £20 million

Total: £105 million

OUT:

Niasse: £8 million
Cleverly: £8 million
Deulofeu: £10 million
McCarthy: £15 million
Besic: £4 million
Jags: £2 million

Total: £47 million

Heaton

Keane Williams Mori

Coleman Gueye Schneiderlein Rodriguez

Barkley

Lukaku Lacazette
50 mil wouldn't get you lacazette

He is a fantastic player with top class end product but he isn't a playmaker he averages 27 touches per 90 minutes.

A playmaker is the fulcrum of a side the player who makes you tick. He isn't that player however I'd still love him as he is fantastic at set pieces & also chips in with a few goals & assists from open play.

Think you may have to take into account how poor Swansea are and how often they're in possession to analyse touches per match.

Think you may have to take into account how poor Swansea are and how often they're in possession to analyse touches per match.
Fair point but Swansea by an large have been a possession team listen I'm not trying to down play him I'm just suggesting he isn't necessarily going to make us play better but he certainly will improve results which I'm sure we all agree!is the primary aim.

Plus it's nice to target the players in the bracket above him but look at spurs they are very very close to something but just need a little bit extra the million dollar questions are what is the bit extra, we're do you buy it, and even if it is available would it come.

Siggursdon improves us so we should get him if we can, unless there is an obvious alternative who is better that would come.

I suppose the only other players i can think of are mahrez & ghezzal however I think most would agree that siggursdon is the better option of the 3.

Fair point but Swansea by an large have been a possession team listen I'm not trying to down play him I'm just suggesting he isn't necessarily going to make us play better but he certainly will improve results which I'm sure we all agree!is the primary aim.

Plus it's nice to target the players in the bracket above him but look at spurs they are very very close to something but just need a little bit extra the million dollar questions are what is the bit extra, we're do you buy it, and even if it is available would it come.

Siggursdon improves us so we should get him if we can, unless there is an obvious alternative who is better that would come.

I suppose the only other players i can think of are mahrez & ghezzal however I think most would agree that siggursdon is the better option of the 3.

We can target the best of the best but we have to be realistic about what we can offer players. We won't be in the CL so we wouldn't go for a Bernardo Silva for example. I think most people want Sigurdsson because his set pieces add a whole new dimension to the way we play. It's surprising we're as high as 7th when we can't cross or take corners.

As good as Sigurdsson undoubtably is ,I think his chance of joining us is gone . He was approached at the start of the new regime and ,apparently turned us down. By now you would imagine our scouting team will be targeting, younger , cheaper, and possibly superior options.

We really do need to get Osako in. 'kin Bundesliga is rammed full of Japanese and Korean players with great energy and creativity. We need to tap into that. Technically they are very good.

Lucas Perez, Victor Janssen, Moussa Sissoko...
Hopefully the targets this summer are a better standard and more importantly, we actually get them.

one went to arsenal and the other two went to spurs, perez has looked really good whenever i've seen him tbh. Janssen will probably develop eventually into a top striker, just taken a bit to settle. Sissoko is a good player when he actualluy can be arsed, but that's very rare. I'm so so glad we didn't get him, not an everton player at all, but the talent is definitely there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back