Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas Perez, Victor Janssen, Moussa Sissoko...
Hopefully the targets this summer are a better standard and more importantly, we actually get them.

Actualy think Perez is decent, but any striker who only plays a few minutes here or there inevitably striggles. Strikers from the Dutch league have been very hit and miss over here so I wasnt gutted when Janssen went to Spurs. The Sissoko deal smacked of desperation and would have been a poor buy.

We obviously need a decent support striker, 2 centre backs and a LB to be phased in to replace Leighton. This has been obvious for months and failure to get the right deals home this time wil be inexcusuable.

I think we needed a central defender, striker and a left back. Baines, although still good isn't quite the player he was two years ago. I think he has lost some pace. Still a very good left back though.

Have a feeling two or three players will leave too.

Would love us to sign Van Dijk. I do think Liverpool will go for him but if we get EL and they miss out on CL it would be an interesting tug of war for him. They are obviously the bigger 'name' whilst VVD has the same agent as Koeman and worked under him at Southampton.

Actualy think Perez is decent, but any striker who only plays a few minutes here or there inevitably striggles. Strikers from the Dutch league have been very hit and miss over here so I wasnt gutted when Janssen went to Spurs. The Sissoko deal smacked of desperation and would have been a poor buy.

We obviously need a decent support striker, 2 centre backs and a LB to be phased in to replace Leighton. This has been obvious for months and failure to get the right deals home this time wil be inexcusuable.

..I'm a Perez fan too but I don't think he's the type to play week in week out and consistently influence games at the top level. Good footballer, though.

Sessignon has been linked but at 16 years of age I think he'll be in massive demand. It would say lots if we secure the likes of him.

Would love us to sign Van Dijk. I do think Liverpool will go for him but if we get EL and they miss out on CL it would be an interesting tug of war for him. They are obviously the bigger 'name' whilst VVD has the same agent as Koeman and worked under him at Southampton.

Liverpool will not go and pay 40-50m or more on a centre back whose 26yo this summer, not a chance in hell

Sessegnon - literally the first time I've heard his name. We cant be buying players because they have a good game.

I'd rather have a solid defender like Robertson at Hull. We need consistency and dependability not someone who grabs a goal and cant defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back